Choose your subjects and enrol using our step-by-step guide for domestic students. If you're an international student, see International enrolment to get started.
Now you've accepted your offer, complete these steps to enrol in your subjects:
- Step 1: Understand your study plan
- Step 2: Enrol into subjects - you can self-enrol online, or visit our helpful staff and enrol on campus.
1. Understand your study plan
- Check the University Handbook for an overview of your course structure (also known as a 'study plan'). Take the time to understand the structure as some course structures can be complicated. If you're starting an undergraduate course and have a major in mind, have a look at the prerequisite subjects you might need to do in your first year.
Note: A typical full time study load (or 'equivalent full time study load' EFTSL) is four subjects in Semester 1, and four subjects in Semester 2 (a total of eight subjects over the academic year).
- Check the subject search to get an in-depth look at elective subjects. Note that it's easier if you already know which discipline area to look in.
- Write down the subject codes you want to study – these will be useful when you're enrolling.
2. Enrol in subjects
- When you know what to enrol into for this calendar year, log back in to StudentOnLine and select the Enrolment tab.
- Choose your subjects for this calendar year. It's easier if you know the subject code when you're searching for subjects. You only need to search for elective subjects, as the core subjects will pre-fill.
- If you're an undergraduate student, you'll need to complete the online Academic Integrity and Wominjeka La Trobe Modules.
- Once you've chosen your subjects, tick the box next to each subject.
- Click Enrol to confirm.
If you have difficulties enrolling in StudentOnLine you can also attend an enrolment support session on campus.
3. Next steps
After successfully enrolling there are a few things you should do before classes start.
Have questions about University life? View our FAQs
4. Need help enrolling?
Find enrolment sessions on campusFind and join sessions
After you've enrolled, get ready for uni:
- get your ID
- create your timetable
- prepare to study.