Student ID cards
Your student ID card is used in the library, for printing and photocopying, for building access and as ID during exams.
If you are a new on-campus student you can order your student ID card online the day after you enrol in one or more subjects at La Trobe.
After you place your order, you'll receive a confirmation email to your student email address. You'll receive another email a few days later (this can be up to a week at peak times) to tell you if your submitted photo has been approved or not.
- If your photo is approved, your ID card will be ready to collect in person at your campus (with a form of government issued photo ID like a passport or Australian drivers licence) after three university working days.
- If your photo is rejected, you will need to use the link below again and submit a new photo.
Distance education and online students
If you are a distance education or online student, please complete the online form below to have your ID card mailed to you. Do not complete the order form for on-campus students.
Lost, stolen and expired cards
If your card has been lost or stolen, email email@example.com with your full name and student ID number to cancel the card. You can then order a replacement.
- Lost or damaged cards: Order a replacement via our online payment system.
- Stolen cards: Visit your nearest Help Zone with a copy of your police report for a free replacement card.
- Expired cards: Visit your nearest Help Zone with the expired card for a free replacement.
Sydney students please note: If you require a replacement Student ID Card please see Reception. A replacement fee of $15 applies.
La Trobe University respects the privacy of your personal information. We will collect and record personal information about you for identification purposes (e.g. class lists). For this purpose, we will use this information and will not disclose this information to another party without your consent unless otherwise authorised by law. If your personal information is not provided to us then we may not be able to provide the product or service to you. You may have the right to access the personal information we hold about you subject to any exemptions in relevant laws, by contacting ASK La Trobe.
For more information about privacy visit the Student information and privacy.