Student ID cards
COVID-19 restrictions may cause delays in issuing replacement student ID cards.
We will start printing new student ID cards from February 2021.
Your student ID card is used in the library, for printing and photocopying, for building access and as ID during exams.
Ordering your card
If you're a new student, you can order your student ID card online the day after you enrol in one or more subjects at La Trobe.
After you place your order, you'll receive a confirmation email to your student email address. You'll receive another email a few days later (this can be up to a week at peak times) to tell you if your submitted photo has been approved or not.
Please note: If you need proof of your enrolment, you can also use your Statement of Account.
Collecting your card
After we have approved and printed your card, we will send an email to your student email address to confirm that your card is ready for collection. Please bring a government-issued photo ID like a passport or Australian drivers licence. If your photo is rejected, you will need to use the link above again and submit a new photo.
- Bundoora Campus students can collect ID cards by appointment from 22 February to 12 March, in the Thomas Cherry Building, ground floor Mentoring Hub Room 103. Book a timeslot to collect your ID Card.
- City Campus – collect your card from Level 2 Reception
- Bendigo Campus – collect your card from the library Concierge staff
- Shepparton Campus – collect your card from the ASK La Trobe Helpdesk - Level 1
- Mildura campus – collect your card from ASK La Trobe Helpdesk – Level 1 Reception
- Albury-Wodonga - collect your card from ASK La Trobe Helpdesk
Distance education and online students
If you are a distance education or online student, please complete the online form below to have your ID card mailed to you.
Do not use this order form if you are an on-campus student.
Lost, stolen and expired cards
If your card has been lost or stolen, email email@example.com with your full name and student ID number to cancel the card. You can then order a replacement.
- Stolen cards: Visit your nearest Help Zone with a copy of your police report for a free replacement card.
- Expired cards: Visit your nearest Help Zone with the expired card for a free replacement.
- Lost or damaged cards: you can purchase a replacement card below.
La Trobe University respects the privacy of your personal information. We will collect and record personal information about you for identification purposes (e.g. issuing your ID card, class lists and providing access to LTU buildings). The personal information collected will only be used for the outlined purpose and may be disclosed to authorised contracted service providers who provide these services or as authorised by law. If your personal information is not provided to us then we may not be able to provide the product or service to you. You may have the right to access the personal information we hold about you subject to any exemptions in relevant laws, by contacting ASK La Trobe.
For more information about privacy visit Student information and privacy.