Learning Management System (LMS)
La Trobe's Learning Management System (LMS) is Moodle. This system may be referred to as the 'LMS' or as 'Moodle' - it is the same system.
The LMS is an online learning environment that allows you to locate learning materials and activities related to your studies from any location with internet access.
Accessing the LMS
All authorised student users have been issued with a Username and Password. These are the same as the Username and Password for accessing your University email account.
If you have forgotten your password please contact Student IT Support.
Go to the LMS log in page and login using your student username and password. Once you have logged in a list of your available LMS subjects will be shown. LMS subject pages generally appear two weeks before the start of classes.
Note: it can take 24 - 48 hours after enrolment for subjects to become available in the LMS.
The LMS on mobile devices
To access the LMS on a mobile device, we recommend using the Moodle app. This app is available from the AppStore (for iOS) and PlayStore (for Android). After installing the app, enter the following address to connect it to the La Trobe LMS: lms.latrobe.edu.au
Your Profile Photo in the LMS
Your official La Trobe student ID photo has been loaded into the LMS. If you have already uploaded your own photo to the LMS, it will have been overwritten with the official La Trobe student ID photo. By default, your photo will be visible only to you and to the lecturers and tutors of your subjects. You will have the option of making your photo public and replacing it should you wish to do so.You can do this from the Edit Profile setting in the Settings block.
For an overview of the LMS menus and features, please download the LMS Quick reference Guide [PDF 1.1MB]
Why can't I log in?
There could be many reasons but the most probable reason is that you have simply forgotten your password, are trying the wrong password or are entering your password incorrectly. Some other things to think about include:
- Confirm your username and password. You can get help with resetting your password on our Reset Password page. Note: passwords are case sensitive, check the caps lock is off.
- Check your Statement of Account (through StudentOnLine) to ensure that you are correctly enrolled in at least one subject
Why can't I see my subjects?
It can take up to 24 hours after enrolment for subjects to become available in the LMS. Please log into StudentOnLine to confirm you are enrolled in the subject and confirm with your lecturer that LMS is required for your subject.
If you still can not see your subject in the LMS please confirm the missing subject is not hidden:
- Log into LMS
- Click the Customise this page button in the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Ensure the filter options in the Subject overview block are configured to display All (except removed from view) and the filter at the bottom-left corner of the block is also configured to show All subjects.
- Click the Stop customising this page button in the top right-hand corner of the dashboard.
If your subjects have still not appeared 24 hours after enrolling it is likely your lecturer has selected a start date for the subject which has not yet passed, please contact your lecturer or Student IT Support to confirm.