We offer access to digital copies of your Academic Transcript, Testamur, and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), through the My eQuals online credentials platform.
Upon graduation, you will receive a complimentary hard copy testamur and secure digital copies of your documents via My eQuals. The documents are digitally certified, and we provide you with a login to access them online.
Digital graduation documents for new graduates
We issue your transcripts and qualification documents through the My eQuals platform. The documents are secure and digitally certified. To be provided with your link to access My eQuals, an email will be sent to your personal email address – as you have provided in StudentOnLine – for instructions to log in to My eQuals and access your documents.
You can view and share the documents via the My eQuals system. The certified documents cannot be altered and you choose who to share them with, for example, a prospective employer or future university. You can also limit how long the shared documents are available, and revoke access at any stage.
Digital graduation documents for past students
- You can place an order for a certified digital version of your Academic Transcript, Testamur or AHEGS.
- Once this has been issued, within five university days an email will be sent to you with details to either register or log in. If you’re registered already, you can log in with your details.
Frequently Asked Questions
My eQuals is an online credentials platform in use by over 46 higher education institutions in Australia and New Zealand.
The benefits of using My eQuals is:
- Your documents are available anywhere you have internet access.
- Quicker processing times for your employment and university applications. Future employers and admissions teams can instantly verify your qualifications through My eQuals.
- Your documents are certified online, reducing the need to get them certified in person and pay the costs associated with such practice.
- Less paper wastage and reduced costs. My eQuals is expected to save at least 180,000 pieces of paper each year. There's no need to pay to print and post your documents - simply share the certified digital copy in minutes.
1. Register and Login
- When a document is issued to you – an Academic Transcript, Testamur or AHEGS – an email will be sent with a link contained to view your document.
- Once clicked, you will be sent another email to register. You must use your own personal email address so that you will have access after your La Trobe student email account closes.
- Register and set a secure password.
- An email will then be sent to activate your account, from which you can log in with your personal email address and chosen password.
- If you have problems during the login process, please contact ASK La Trobe.
2. View and Share Documents
- Once logged in, you will see a ‘Documents’ screen listing all the official documents that have been sent to you. The logo under ‘Organisation’ on the left side will indicate which are from La Trobe University.
- To view the document, click on it.
- This will now show the document, which you can distribute via the ‘Share’ tab or ‘Download’.
- If you download the document, it will only retain its certified status if it’s viewed within an Adobe PDF reader. It will lose its certified status if it’s viewed in any other program or is printed.
- A certified document will show a blue bar at the top of the page when opened in an Adobe PDF-capable program.
- You can share the document with third parties and can set a pin for access as well as a defined time that it can be viewed for.
- Once shared on the homepage, by clicking ‘Sharing’ in the left pane, you can see which of your documents have been sent to third parties.
3. Changing Personal Details
- If you need to change your email address or other key details, you can do so from the ‘Profile Settings’ tab under your name on the top right of the screen.
- Please note that the responsibility to keep your details up to date is yours – La Trobe University does not have access to your account and can’t make changes.
- You can keep track of your account history via the tab ‘Account History’ tab.