My eQuals is an online credentials platform in use by over 46 higher education institutions in Australia and New Zealand. My eQuals allows you to obtain certified digital copies of your Academic Transcript, Testamur, and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and securely share them with third parties such as employers and other universities.
From September 2018, upon graduation you will receive a hardcopy testamur, and secure digital copies of your testamur, official academic transcript, and AHEGS via My eQuals.
How does My eQuals work?
We issue your transcripts and degree documents through My eQuals' secure platform. The documents are digitally certified, and we provide you with a login to access them online.
You can view the documents via the My eQuals system. While the documents cannot be altered, you choose who to share them with, for example a prospective employer or future university. You can limit how long the shared documents are available, and revoke access at any stage.
What are the benefits of My eQuals?
- Quicker processing times for employment and university applications. Employers and admissions teams can instantly verify your qualifications through My eQuals.
- Your documents are certified online, reducing the need to get them certified in person and pay the costs associated with such practice.
- Your documents are available anywhere you have internet access.
- Less paper wastage and reduced costs. My eQuals is expected to save at least 180,000 pieces of paper each year. There's no need to pay to print and post your documents - simply share the certified digital copy in minutes.
For more information, visit the My eQuals website.
If you graduated in 2018, you will receive a complimentary digital copy of your Testamur via My eQuals. You will receive your complimentary document within the next few months.
1. Register and Login
- When a document is issued to you – an Academic Transcript, Testamur or AHEGS – an email will be sent with a link contained to view your document.
- Once clicked, you will be sent another email to register. You must use your personal email address and not your La Trobe issued one.
- Register and set a secure password.
- An email will then be sent to activate your account, from which you can log in with your personal email address and password.
- If you have problems during the login process, please contact ASK La Trobe.
2. View and Share
- Once logged in, you will see a ‘Documents’ screen listing all the official documents that have been sent to you. The logo under ‘Organisation’ on the left side will indicate which are from La Trobe University.
- To view the document, click on it.
- This will now raise the document, which you can distribute via the ‘Share’ tab or ‘Download’.
- If you download the document, it will only retain its certified status if it’s viewed within an Adobe PDF reader. It will lose its certified status if it’s viewed in any other program or printed.
- A certified document will show a blue bar at the top of the page when opened in an Adobe PDF-capable program.
- You can share the document with third parties, and can set a pin for access as well as a defined time that it can be viewed for.
- Once shared, on the homepage, by clicking ‘Sharing’ in the left pane, you can see which of your documents have been sent to third parties.
3. Personal Details
- If you need to change your email address or other key details, you can do so from the ‘Profile Settings’ tab under your name on the top right of the screen.
- Please note that the responsibility to keep your details up-to-date is yours – La Trobe University does not have access to your account and can’t make changes.
- You can keep track of your account history via the tab on the top right of the screen.
4. Ordering a Document
- You can place an order for a certified digital version of your Academic Transcript, Testamur and AHEGS.
- Once this has been issued – within five University days - an email will be sent to you with details to either register or login. If you’re registered already, you can log in with your details.