How can Winter School benefit me?
You can use Winter School to:
- finish university and start work sooner
- spread study load more evenly through the year
- free up more time for working during the standard semesters
- study interesting electives.
The Winter School teaching period starts on 1 July and concludes on 12 July. Given the intense nature of Winter School, we recommend that you only enrol in one subject.
|1 - 12 July 2019||Teaching period|
|16 - 19 July 2019||Exam period|
|26 July 2019||Results released by|
Finding winter subjects
- Use the Subject search link below to see which subjects are available during the winter period (1 - 12 July 2019).
- Use the Refine option to narrow down your search by campus, school etc. Results appear in alphabetical order, with 10 subjects appearing per page (use the Next button to proceed through the list).
- When you see a subject that interests you, click MORE >, then view the Subject options to confirm which teaching period it's available.
How to enrol in Winter School
Current students who meet the prerequisites may enrol in winter subjects via StudentOnLine. If the subject requires Subject Coordinator approval, please seek their approval via email and, when this is received, complete a Variation of Enrolment (under the Enrolment tab in StudentOnLine) and attach a screen shot of the email.
If you meet the prerequisites for a subject but are already enrolled in 60 credit points for Semester 2, StudentOnLine may prevent you from enrolling due to a credit point issue. In this case, please submit a Variation of Enrolment for your enrolment to be processed manually.
Non-La Trobe students may also enrol in winter subjects by completing an Application for Single Unit Enrolment Form [PDF 263KB]. Applicants should contact ASK La Trobe to discuss single-subject application closing dates and supporting document requirements. Successful applicants will be enrolled directly into the subject.
Please contact the Subject Coordinator if you require more information about a specific subject.
If you're currently enrolled at La Trobe, Winter School subjects will form part of your normal course study costs if the subject fits within your course structure. If you apply using the single unit studies application form, higher fees will apply.
For those thinking about taking a subject as a non-award subject, fee information is available online using our fee calculator. Note, the cost of the subjects vary between discipline bands.
Students auditing the subject (meaning that no assessments are done and the subject is not counted towards your degree) are not required to pay fees at the same level as those who take assessments – fees vary – and you should contact ASK La Trobe for more information.