Internal course transfer applications for Semester 1, 2022 are now open
What is an internal course transfer?
You can apply for an internal course transfer if you wish to transfer:
- from one La Trobe University coursework degree to another
- to a different La Trobe University campus
You can only apply for an internal course transfer if:
- you haven't yet completed your current course
- you wish to transfer into the same level of course (e.g. Bachelor degree to Bachelor degree)
- you are not eligible to apply direct to the University, if you have submitted an application to the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
We will consider the following when evaluating your transfer application:
- entrance requirements for the new course, including prerequisites
- academic performance to date
- places available in the course into which you wish to transfer
- eligible credit towards your desired course
Note: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place. Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
Current La Trobe students before you apply:
- Check the find a course page for available courses and pre-requisite requirements
- Where there are course-specific requirements check below:
Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course transfers
- View the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course transfer specific requirements.
Law course transfers
Bachelor of Laws (Undergrad) and all double degrees Melbourne and Bendigo:
- One Semester of full time degree study (60cp) with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80. Student must have passed all law subjects, if any, undertaken in the study period under consideration; OR
- One year of full time degree study (120cp) with a minimum WAM of 70. Students must have passed all law subjects, if any, undertaken in the study period under consideration.
*WAM will be calculated on highest-graded subjects (if over the minimum credit point requirement)
Bachelor of Criminology:
- One Semester of full-time degree study (60cp) with a minimum WAM of 70. Student must have passed all criminology subjects, if any, undertaken in the study period under consideration; OR
- One year of full-time degree study (120cp) with a minimum WAM of 60. Students must have passed all criminology subjects, if any, undertaken in the study period under consideration.
For all transfers from a single law degree to a double law degree, or a double law degree to a single law degree, applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Nursing course transfers
Students applying for a course transfer into second year for one of the courses listed below must have completed 120 credit points including these six first core Health Sciences subjects (HBS1HBA, HBS1HBB, HLT1IPP, HLT1RAE, PHE1IDH, PHE1SDH).
Course transfers into second year for these courses are very competitive with limited available places. Applicants will be ranked based on their Weight Average Mark (WAM):
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
Allied Health and La Trobe Rural Health School transfers
These courses are offered through VTAC, please refer to the VTAC website for information on how to lodge an application and selection requirements.
- HHP Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHPB Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) - Bendigo
- HHOCT Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHOR Bachelor of Orthoptics (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHPRO Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHSPP Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHSW Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) - Melbourne
- HHDSB Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) - Bendigo*
The table below indicates the Lowest WAM cut-off for highly competitive Allied Health and LRHS courses for Course Transfers in 2021.
Note - The 2021 WAM cut-offs can be used as a guide to assist you in making an informed decision when considering your Course Transfer for 2022. The 2021 WAM cut-offs are not indicative of where the 2022 WAM cut-offs will be, 2022 WAM cut-offs could be higher or lower depending on places available and the competitiveness of the applicant pool etc. A number of factors are considered when making Course Transfers, WAM is one of a number of considerations, and cannot be used in isolation.
|Code||Course||Campus||Application Portal for 2022||Lowest WAM Cut-off 2021||Offers made in 2021|
|HHDSB||Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours)||Bendigo||VTAC||93.12||1|
|HHOCT||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||-||0|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||77.88||8|
|HHOR||Bachelor of Orthoptics (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||80.62||3|
|HHPB||Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)||Bendigo||VTAC||76.29||1|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||77.26||11|
|HHP||Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||88.4||2|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||93.25||2|
|HHPRO||Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||71.25||3|
|HHSPP||Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||78||1|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||91.75||1|
|HHSW||Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)||Melbourne||VTAC||82.71||1|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||70.6||7|
|HHOCTB||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)||Bendigo||Apply Direct||-||0|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||70.76||1|
|HBOHSB||Bachelor of Oral Health Science||Bendigo||Apply Direct||91.62||1|
|HHPPW||Bachelor of Paramedic Practice with Honours||Albury-Wodonga||Apply Direct||-||0|
|HHPPB||Bachelor of Paramedic Practice with Honours||Bendigo||Apply Direct||81.5||2|
|HHSPPB||Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours)||Bendigo||Apply Direct||-||0|
|Bach/Masters Double degree (last intake in 2021)||66.37||6|
*Current La Trobe Students transfer into Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) don't need to complete University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
Students that are currently studying at one of our regional campuses and wish to transfer to a metropolitan campus will be selected as per standard competitive selection process.
Current La Trobe Domestic students how to apply:
If you are having problems logging in to your account please go to the "Apply Here" link above from here you will be able to select "forgot your password".
Current La Trobe International students how to apply:
Course transfer application opening and closing date for International students are
Semester 1 :
- Course transfer application opens: 1st September
- Course transfer application Close: 31st January*
- Course transfer application opens: 1st April
- Course transfer application Close: 30th May*
*Application received after the closing date will be automatically withdrawn
Please note that if you are an international student, you will need to make a direct application to us through the above link for your new course.
Note for sponsored students: As a sponsored student, you will be required to provide written evidence showing your sponsor approval for you to transfer to a new program. The evidence must be provided once your current semester result is released. Upon receiving written approval from your sponsor, it is your responsibility to apply and obtain an updated financial guarantee for the new program and submit to SponsoredPrograms@latrobe.edu.au you will need to make a direct application to us through the above link for your new course.
You'll receive a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) after you receive confirmation of approval of your course transfer.
After you apply:
Your internal course transfer application will begin to be assessed once results have been released, please refer to result release dates. You should allow for processing time after results have been released.
You will be given the maximum allowable credit (advanced standing) for your new course based on your previous studies.
Note that transferring to a different course may result in higher/lower fees depending on the fee band and the length of the course.
If you're a scholarship holder, please note that your scholarship may not be transferable to another course. Please refer to your scholarship Terms & Conditions.
La Trobe International scholarship holders: if you are an international student and currently hold a La Trobe International scholarship, please check your new course preference is eligible for the scholarship again HERE prior to submitting your course transfer application.