2021 personal timetable
2021 University timetable
View the timetable for all currently available 2021 subjects.*
|Allocate+ does not work in all browsers – we recommend Chrome or Firefox. If a browser doesn't work, try another.|
Allocate+ is the system La Trobe uses to allocate students to on-campus activities such as tutorials, labs, seminars and workshops, and to help you tailor your personal timetable.
Allocate+ has two distinct phases, or modes:
1. Preference Entry mode
Before each teaching period begins, you will be given an opportunity to indicate your preferred classes. Please note only subjects with teaching period Semester 1 and 2 have Preference mode. Subjects with Non-standard (e.g. W2948) and Terms (e.g. Term 1) teaching periods will go straight into Allocation Adjustment mode (which is explained in the next point).
Allocate+ is then closed while the system sorts preferences and allocates students to classes that will generate the best possible clash-free timetable. Your preferences will be taken into account where possible.
2. Allocation Adjustment mode
At this stage, you will have the opportunity to:
- check that you have been allocated to a class for all the subjects you're enrolled in and resolve any problems
- select classes for any activities that you have not yet been allocated to
- change classes, if there are places available
- view your personalised timetable.
After the Allocation Adjustment period, Allocate+ moves to Read only mode. No further changes will be possible without contacting your subject coordinator.
Codes and abbreviations
Allocated - green
- You have already been allocated to a class. This might be because
- There is only one available activity (i.e. a large lecture) and all enrolled students have been automatically allocated to it
- Your lecturer or school has allocated students to particular activities
- You have been allocated to one of the classes you selected in preference mode
Pending - orange
- You have selected your preferences for this activity, but have not yet been allocated to a class
Unconfirmed - red
- You have not yet selected preferences or been allocated to a class for this activity
|Activity Group||Description||Activity Group||Description|
|CB||Collaborative Based Learning||LS||Lecture/Seminar|
|E||Examination||PBL||Problem Based Learning|
|EBL||Evidence Based Learning||PR||Practical|
|L||Lecture||SO||Scheduled Online Class|
Room and building codes
Delivery mode codes
For example, SWP4LHE_AW_1_BL refers to the subject SWP4LHE that is taught at Albury/Wodonga in Semester 1 in Blended Mode.
How online classes display in Allocate+
Online activities appear with a ‘-‘ in the location field.
**Some classes displaying a ‘– ‘ in the location field may be held offsite or at alternative campus venue. Where this is applicable information will be provided by the relevant teaching staff member.
You may find further information in the message within Allocate+ and/or on the LMS page for the relevant subject.
Searching for subjects and viewing your timetable
You can use Allocate+ to access your personalised timetable. Allocate+ will automatically display any subjects to which you have been allocated (flagged with a green icon), and you can also search for other subjects.
Watch the video below for more information on searching for and displaying subjects
Changing your enrolment
When you log on to Allocate+, you should see all subjects that you are enrolled in.
If you wish to make changes to your enrolment, this should be done via StudentOnLine. You will need to wait one hour for any changes to show in Allocate+.
You can view the timetable for subjects that you are not enrolled in by using the search function described above.
Allocate+ on your mobile device
If you are accessing Allocate+ from a mobile device, click the menu icon and select 'enrolment' to view your subjects.