Request student letters
If you need written notification or confirmation of details about your current or past studies at La Trobe University that is not included on your official academic transcript, you can request an official letter.
Request an official letter:
1. Enrolment Confirmation letter
To download a FREE Enrolment Confirmation Letter:
- Log into your StudentOnLine
- Under Forms tile select Enrolment Confirmation Letter Request Form
- Select the Course and click Submit
- You will receive an Enrolment Confirmation Letter that you can download.
Please note: you can generate and view your Statement of Account, which shows your fees for the current academic year, in StudentOnLine at any time. You can also generate your unofficial academic record in StudentOnLine.
The Enrolment Confirmation Letter will contain:
- Student details (Student ID number and Full name)
- Student Status
- Campus Location
- Commencement date
- Study period enrolment
- Credits points
- EFTSL (Equivalent Full-Time Student Load)
Centrelink will accept an Enrolment Confirmation Letter and/or statement of accounts as proof of enrolment.
If you need more information added into your Enrolment Confirmation Letter, you may request a customised Enrolment Confirmation Letter. Please note there is a $44* fee for a customised letter.
*subject to change any time as per La Trobe Policies and Procedures.
2. Course Completion letter
If you need a letter to confirm:
- completion status for permanent residency applications
- your completion or graduation details
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) accreditation (for more information please view our FAQ)
- Law school completion of Priestley 11 subjects
- If you require the completion letter to be certified by the University for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), please mention this under Additional Instructions.
If you are an international student, refer to the International Students - Confirmation of Course Completion FAQ for information regarding how to access a complimentary (free) International Completion Confirmation Letter. Please ensure that you have viewed the complimentary (free) International Completion Confirmation Letter before you order a digital Course Completion letter.
Complete your application to receive your completion letter via email.
3. Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students
If you are a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student and require a letter confirming your HDR course enrolment complete your application via our online payment portal.
Please note: you can generate and view your Statement of Account,which shows your fees for the current academic year, in StudentOnLine at any time. You can also generate your unofficial academic record in StudentOnLine.
International students: The below letters cannot be used for student visa renewals. Instead, you must complete an electronic CoE form, which is free of charge. Visit the bottom of the Applying for a student visa webpage for details.
How to order
You can order your official letter by following the links below. Your order will usually be processed within 15 university working days, but this does not guarantee it will be delivered in 15 university working days. You will not receive your letter if you owe money to the University.
The charge for an official student letter is $44. This is an indicative cost and is subject to change any time as per La Trobe Policies and Procedures.