Request student letters

If you need written notification or confirmation of details about your current or past studies at La Trobe University that is not included on your official academic transcript, you can request an official letter.

You can request the following letters:

  1. Enrolment confirmation letter
  2. Course completion letter
  3. Enrolment confirmation for Higher Degree by Research students

Please note: you can generate and view your Statement of Account,which shows your fees for the current academic year, in StudentOnLine at any time. You can also generate your unofficial academic record in StudentOnLine.

International students: The below letters cannot be used for student visa renewals. Instead, you must complete an electronic CoE form, which is free of charge. Visit the bottom of the Applying for a student visa webpage for details.

How to order

You can order your official letter by following the links below. Your order will usually be processed within 15 university working days, but this does not guarantee it will be delivered in 15 university working days. You will not receive your letter if you owe money to the University.

Request an official letter:

1. Enrolment Confirmation letter

If you need a letter to confirm:

  • your enrolment status (full time, part time) in your course
  • your commencement date
  • your semester dates for the next academic year, and confirmation of the University holiday period (you must be enrolled for the entire 2020 academic year)
  • your tuition fees for the academic year when you will complete your course (Please note: fee information for 2020 subjects will be published from late January 2020)

Complete your application via our online payment portal to receive your completion letter via email.

Order an Enrolment Confirmation letter

2. Course Completion letter

If you need a letter to confirm:

  • completion status for permanent residency applications
  • your completion or graduation details
  • Australian Computer Society (ACS) accreditation (for more information please view our FAQ)
  • Law school completion of Priestley 11 subjects
  • If you require the completion letter to be certified by the University for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), please mention this under Additional Instructions.

Complete your application via our online payment portal to receive your completion letter via email.

Order a digital Course Completion letter

3. Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students

If you are a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student and require a letter confirming your HDR course enrolment complete your application via our online payment portal.

Order an Enrolment Confirmation letter (Graduate Research)

Delivery methods and collection time

Select your delivery method at the top of the order page, if you don't choose a method your document will be emailed to you. Documents selected for collection from a Help Zone or Campus Administration office will be securely destroyed after 30 days if not collected.


The charge for an official student letter is $40.