Getting started with Zoom
Download (Windows or Mac desktop)
Steps to Download and Sign into Zoom
- Visit the zoom website
- Locate Zoom Desktop client and click download
- Open the file from the downloads folder
- Wait for this to install. Once this has installed it will open with the sign in page
- Select Sign In.
- Select the key with SSO under it
- Enter 'latrobe' as the domain name
- Sign into your La Trobe log in details
- This will open zoom logged into your student account
How to Join a Meeting Without a Link (Windows or Mac desktop)
Open the Zoom application
Select Join a Meeting
- Enter the Meeting ID and Passcode
Zoom is also available on iOS, Android or Linux and can be downloaded from the respective app stores.
- Download the Zoom app from the app store
- Once the application is open, Login with SSO and enter the Domain URL latrobe.zoom.us.
- Sign into your La Trobe student account
If you are experiencing difficulties, Student IT Support can assist with installing Zoom and logging in.
Support for Zoom meetings and how to use zoom is not available. Please refer to the Zoom Help Center.
System Requirements and Compatibility
|Platform||System and hardware requirements|
|Windows||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7|
|Mac||OS X 10.9 or higher|
Google Chrome 30+