If you want to study in Semester 1 or Semester 2, you need to re-enrol in StudentOnLine. This guarantees your spot in your course.

How to re-enrol

Please ensure that you've completed all outstanding tasks in the 'My Tasks' tile in StudentOnLine before you enrol. If you have any tasks that are still required, you may not be able to complete your enrolment.

To re-enrol you will need to select subjects. Use the Subjects page to find details on core and elective subjects.

Watch this video tutorial if you need help scheduling and enrolling in your subjects.

Need some more help?

See our frequently asked questions about re-enrolment:

Please contact ASK La Trobe if you’re having trouble with your re-enrolment.


If you have unpaid fees, there may be sanctions on your student record which will prevent you from re-enrolling.

For information about your sanction, log in to StudentOnLine, select the 'My Details' tile, then 'Sanctions' from the left-hand menu.

Unpaid fees or library fines are the most common reason for sanctions. Arranging payment is the quickest way to have the sanction removed. If your sanction is due to unpaid fees, you can generate a new Statement of Account in StudentOnLine by clicking the 'My Study' tile, then 'Manage My Course'.  Select 'My Reports' from the left-hand menu, then click 'Request' in the Statement of Account section. Your new Statement of Account will be emailed to your student email.

The 'My Finances' tile has a link to the University payment portal under the 'Transactions' menu item. You can use this portal to pay any unpaid fees or fines so that your sanction can be removed. Please note that it usually takes 2-3 business days for a payment to be processed.

For all other sanction enquiries, contact ASK La Trobe.

Who should re-enrol?

You need to re-enrol if:

  • Your course will continue next year.
  • You'll complete your course mid-year (you need to re-enrol for Semester 1).
  • You're worried you will fail subjects or not completed academic requirements. Re-enrol assuming you will pass or complete academic requirements. After you get your results contact us if there is a problem.
  • You have an approved Leave of Absence that finishes at the end of Semester 1 (you need to re-enrol for Semester 2).
  • You're applying for a transfer to another course at La Trobe.

You don't need to re-enrol if:

  • You'll complete your course at the end of this year.
  • You're on an approved Leave of Absence for the whole of the next academic year.

International students

If you're studying on a student visa, you need to stay enrolled in your course full-time. This means you need to re-enrol at the end of each academic year. You can only change your study load in special circumstances and in consultation with your Course Coordinator. If you're on a student visa, check your responsibilities before making any changes to your enrolment.

Returning from a Leave of Absence

If you're returning to study in Semester 1, re-enrol for the whole academic year. If you're returning to study in Semester 2, you still need to re-enrol before the year starts by choosing your Semester 2 subjects.

Transferring to another course

To transfer to a new course, you need to re-enrol in your current course first, then submit your transfer application. Course transfers open a few months before the end of the Semester and you can check the latest information and information on how to apply on our Course Transfer webpage.

Make sure you're enrolled for the entire academic year

If you need help with re-enrolment contact ASK La Trobe. For technical assistance, contact Student IT Support.

Please note: To use StudentOnLine, you'll need one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer (7.0 and up), Firefox (2.0 and up), Safari (4.0 and up) or Opera (10.5 and up).