|Enrolment for 2021 is open|
Domestic students: Enrol into your subjects
You can watch this video starting from 'Step 4: Enrol in your subjects' or read the information below:
View the full video script (with sections linked to the YouTube video) [PDF 179KB]
How to enrol and next steps
1. Understand your study plan
- Check the University Handbook for an overview of your course structure (also known as a 'study plan'). Take the time to understand the structure as some course structures can be complicated. If you're starting an undergraduate course and have a major in mind, have a look at the prerequisite subjects you might need to do in your first year.
Note: A typical full time study load (or 'equivalent full time study load' EFTSL) is four subjects in Semester 1, and four subjects in Semester 2 (a total of eight subjects over the academic year).
- Check the subject search to get an in-depth look at elective subjects. Note that it's easier if you already know which discipline area to look in. See also: Choosing subjects and electives
- Write down the subject codes you want to study – these will be useful when you're enrolling.
2. Enrol in subjects
- When you know what to enrol into for the calendar year, log back into StudentOnLine and select the Enrolment tab.
- Choose your subjects for the calendar year. It's easier if you know the subject code when you're searching for subjects. You only need to search for elective subjects, as the core subjects will pre-fill.
- If you're an undergraduate student, you'll need to complete the online Academic Integrity and Wominjeka La Trobe Modules.
- Once you've chosen your subjects, tick the box next to each subject.
- Click Enrol to confirm.
Need more help enrolling?
3. Next steps
After you've enrolled, get ready for uni:
- get your ID
- create your timetable
- prepare to study.