How can Summer School benefit me?
You can use Summer School to:
- make up for a subject that you failed (where offered)
- complete a subject that you may have dropped previously (where offered)
- finish university and start a career sooner
- spread out workload to a more convenient time
- free up more time for working during the standard semester
- study a subject that could be an elective in your course.
|Summer Semester (2021/2022)||8 November 2021 - 11 February 2022|
|Term 1||3 January 2022 - 11 February 2022|
|Online Study Period 1||3 January 2022 - 20 February 2022|
|Online Study 1/4||28 February 2022 - 8 May 2022|
|Week 02-08||3 January 2022 - 20 February 2022|
|Week 03-09||10 January 2022 - 27 February 2022|
|Week 06-10||31 January 2022 - 6 March 2022|
|Week 07-10||7 February 2022 - 6 March 2022|
Finding Summer subjects
- You can check the subject details, teaching periods and credit points via the Handbook.
- Subjects and subject instances may be altered at any time.
- The number in the middle of the subject code tells you the year level of the subject (1-3 undergraduate, 4+ usually postgraduate) – choose subjects appropriate for your year level that fit within your course Study Plan.
- Check the subject prerequisites and make sure you have met them before trying to enrol.
- You can see the weeks listed with dates in the academic calendar.
When using the Handbook search, select from the teaching period filter. Refer to the dates above to confirm the teaching periods in Summer. Please note you will need to complete two different searches to see all Summer subjects (i.e. one for subjects starting in 2022 and one for subjects starting in 2023).
How to enrol into Summer subjects
Current students who meet the prerequisites may enrol in summer subjects via StudentOnLine.
Non-La Trobe students may also enrol into summer subjects by completing an Application for Single Unit Enrolment form. Applicants should speak to the subject owning College to discuss single unit application closing dates and supporting document requirements. Successful applicants will be enrolled directly into the subject.
Cost of Summer subjects
If you're currently enrolled at La Trobe, Summer School subjects will form part of your normal course study costs. Subjects must count towards your course structure and be checked with your course coordinator or you must apply using the single unit studies application form, where higher fees will apply.
For those thinking about taking a subject as a non-award subject, fee information is available online using our fee calculator. Note, the cost of the subjects vary between discipline bands.