How can Summer School benefit me?
You can use Summer School to:
- make up for a subject that you failed (where offered)
- complete a subject that you may have dropped previously (where offered)
- finish university and start a career sooner
- spread out workload to a more convenient time
- free up more time for working during the standard semester
- study a subject that could be an elective in your course.
Please note: Always double check the Subject Search Database to ensure that your chosen Summer subject is running. Subjects instances may change at any time, without warning.
|Summer 1 (2018/2019) (12 weeks)||5 November 2018-15 February 2019|
|Summer 2 (6 weeks)||7 January – 15 February 2019|
|Summer 3 (2 weeks)||4 February – 15 February 2019|
|Exam period: Summer 1, 2 and 3||19 February – 22 February 2019|
Finding Summer subjects
- Use the Subject search link below to see which subjects are available during the Summer period (5 November 2018 - 15 February 2019).
- Use the Refine option to narrow down your search by campus, school etc. Results appear in alphabetical order, with 10 subjects appearing per page (use the Next button to proceed through the list).
- When you see a subject that interests you, click MORE >, then view the Subject options to confirm which teaching period it's available.
How to enrol
Current students who meet the prerequisites may enrol in summer subjects via StudentOnLine. If the subject requires Subject Coordinator approval, a Variation of Enrolment form should be completed and signed by the Subject Coordinator. This may be presented to your course administrator who will enrol you in the subject.
Deferred students wanting to get ahead by starting during Summer semester can contact our Future Students team to help you enrol.
Non-La Trobe students may also enrol into summer subjects by completing an Application for Single Unit Enrolment form. Applicants should speak to the subject owning College to discuss single unit application closing dates and supporting document requirements. Successful applicants will be enrolled directly into the subject.
If you're currently enrolled at La Trobe, Summer School subjects will form part of your normal course study costs. Subjects must count towards your course structure and be checked with your course coordinator or you must apply using the single unit studies application form, where higher fees will apply.
For those thinking about taking a subject as a non-award subject, fee information is available online using our fee calculator. Note, the cost of the subjects vary between discipline bands.