Refugee and new migrant support
If you are a new migrant student or student from a refugee background and hold a permanent Humanitarian visa or Australian citizenship, we have a support program to assist you.
For information on special entry schemes and ways to get a place at University, explore pathways and entry schemes to La Trobe.
- Contact AccessAbility and Inclusion, who can answer questions and provide assistance throughout your course and any adjustments you may need.
- The Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP) provides students with academic skills, helps build confidence to study and facilitates pathways to further education. TPP students come from a wide range of backgrounds, including students from refugee and new migrant backgrounds.
- La Trobe study support and resources
The course fees vary depending on the type of course you want to do and the units you take within that course. View the Student Contributions page, where you will find the approximate cost for one year's full-time study, for different types of courses. For more cost details of the course you wish to study, refer to our course guide.
- You may be eligible to defer your fee payments via HECS-Help until after you have graduated and secured a job with good pay.
- You may be eligible for Centrelink payments while you study if you have a full-time study load (which mean studying three or four subjects each semester).
- Humanitarian Scholarships are available at La Trobe for students who are seeking asylum or are refugees on temporary protection visas. They are awarded to undergraduate students who are seeking asylum or are refugees on temporary protection visas.
- Equity and Access Scholarships may be available to assist you. Please contact the Scholarships Office at email@example.com with any questions about scholarships