Refugee and new migrant support

If you are a new migrant student or student fromĀ a refugee background and hold a permanent Humanitarian visa or Australian citizenship, we have a support program to assist you.

For information on special entry schemes and ways to get a place at University, explore pathways and entry schemes to La Trobe.

If you are from a refugee or new migrant background, you may be eligible to apply through a Special Entry and Access Scheme (SEAS) to gain a place at University.

The course fees vary depending on the type of course you want to do and the units you take within that course. View the Student Contributions page, where you will find the approximate cost for one year's full-time study, for different types of courses. For more cost details of the course you wish to study, refer to our course guide.

  • You may be eligible to defer your fee payments via HECS-Help until after you have graduated and secured a job with good pay.
  • You may be eligible for Centrelink payments while you study if you have a full-time study load (which mean studying three or four subjects each semester).
  • Equity and Access Scholarships may be available to assist you. Please contact the Scholarships Office at with any questions about scholarships

Contact AccessAbility and Inclusion. They can:

  • answer questions about the University
  • provide you with some financial assistance
  • help you with applying for a place and scholarships at La Trobe.