International students: check-in and enrolment steps
Welcome to La Trobe
During this time of COVID-19, we’ll be beginning studies in November online. As soon as the travel bans are lifted and you are issued with your visa we will assist you to travel to Australia to continue your studies face-to-face.
In the meantime we have prepared an easy to follow guide on how to get started.
Get started with 6 steps
1. You'll receive a temporary password sent to the email address associated with your offer to study at La Trobe. If you have not received a password via email then contact our Student IT Support team.
2. Reset your password online
3. Log in (with your La Trobe student username and password) to StudentOnLine and enrol in your subjects (see below for a video on how to do this)
4. Create your personal timetable in Allocate+ (you must be enrolled in your subjects first to see your timetable)
5. Attend online Orientation
6. Do some study preparation and check out our library resources.
There’s also this very helpful guide on how to get the most out of studying online and all the support services available to assist you.
How to enrol, from start to finish
Watch our video on how to enrol in StudentOnLine for international students on YouTube below (closed captions on/off option):
Or view the same video on DORIS (captions embedded):
You can also download a transcript of the video [PDF 129KB].
Links and resources in the video
- Our Student Homepage has links and information for all our current students.
- You can reset your password with our Password Reset Tool (you'll need to have your temporary password from us on hand, emailed to the personal email address you used to apply for the course, to be able to reset it).
- Enrol by logging in to StudentOnLine.
- Access the University Handbook.
- Go to the Subject Search.
- Learn about the compulsory online modules you'll need to take during your first semester.
- Go to the Learning Management System (LMS) for your subject content. Subjects will be visible about one week before class starts and there can be a delay of up to 48 hours after you have enrolled, so don't panic if you can't see them when you've just enrolled.
- We have dedicated Current Student FAQs, for answers to common questions during all stages of your study or visit to see ways to contact ASK La Trobe (our current students information and help service).
Other resources for new students
- View important calendar and academic dates through our La Trobe calendar (especially census dates and our academic calendar).
- Access information on how to use and log in to your timetable in Allocate+.
- Access your Office 365 Student Email Account.
- Stay up-to-date with everything happening at the university through our social media channels and blog from My La Trobe.
- Find specific and regularly updated information about COVID-19 and how it affects your study through our Current Student COVID FAQs.
Got a question or need help?
- Call us Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (Australian Eastern Standard time) on +61 3 9479 6000 or +61 3 9479 1199
- Join a live webinar on enrolment or on general international questions
- Submit a question online and we’ll get back to you asap. Don’t forget to include your La Trobe student ID number!
- Chat with other new commencing international students and staff on our facebook group. Search for Transition@LaTrobe
- Connect with us via WeChat 乐卓博大学 La Trobe Uni 留学部
Traveling to Australia
As soon as borders open and flights resume we look forward to welcoming you to one of our beautiful campuses. We’ll provide lots of practical help including a free airport pickup, advice about finding accommodation close to campus, and importantly, we’ll meet you to say hello and answer any questions you may have in person.
Until then, take care, stay safe and we can’t wait to meet you online!