Eligibility criteria and supporting documentation
- Assessment task must be 15% or more.
- Speak to your subject coordinator if the assessment task is worth less than 15%.
- Application must be submitted online
- Submit application by no more than 3 working days after the assessment task date.
- Submit application as close as possible to the assessment.
- Circumstance must be serious and have had significant impact on your ability to complete the assessment task.
- Circumstance must have occurred unexpectedly with short-term or immediate impact.
- Some circumstances are not handled via Special Consideration e.g:
- Armed services duty.
- Jury duty / court appearance.
- Emergency services employee or volunteer duty.
- Religious or cultural obligations.
- Artistic commitments.
- Exam clash with an exam at another institution.
- Disability or ongoing medical conditions. If you are registered with Equity and Diversity for support due to an ongoing condition we recommended contacting your disability advisor before submitting a Special Consideration application
Read about alternative arrangements for the above circumstances
- You must provide documentation to substantiate the circumstance.
- Documentation must also indicate date of the circumstance and/or date(s) of impact.
- We recommend that you use the Medical Impact Statement. A medical certificate may not suffice and your application may be delayed if additional documentation needs to be provided.
Check your eligibility by completing our questionnaire