Accessing wellbeing services remotely
We have introduced a new support service called the Wellbeing Check-In service. This service is to assist you across all our campuses with all your wellbeing needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. All other existing wellbeing services are now operating face-to-face, online (Zoom) and via phone.
What services are available and how do I make an appointment?
To access this new service and our existing services, please click on the links below.
- Request a call from our Wellbeing team - for general wellbeing support during COVID-19
- Counselling and Mental Heath service - for free, caring and effective support
- AccessAbility Hub - if you are living with a mental health condition, ongoing medical condition or disability
- Safer Community - if you have any safety concerns or issues around unacceptable behaviour face-to-face or online
- Multifaith Spiritual Wellbeing service - for faith and spirituality help and support.
When you submit a request via one of the above links. One of our wellbeing team will call or email you back to arrange your appointment.
I have my appointment, what now?
For online Zoom sessions, you will receive an email from your wellbeing professional prior to your appointment with the Zoom links.
Checklist for Zoom appointment
What you need to get started:
- a computer, laptop, or device with stable internet connection
- download Zoom
- a meeting ID number or URL invite link, provided by your allocated Wellbeing healthcare professional
- speakers and a microphone (usually built into your device)
- a webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- a private space to ensure you can talk in confidence to your Wellbeing health professional during your meeting with no interruptions.
Download Zoom (Windows or Mac desktop)
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate 'Zoom Client for Meetings' and click 'Download'.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
Start your appointment with Zoom
Once your appointment is allocated in your initial phone call, your allocated Wellbeing professional will send you an email invitation prior to your appointment to join via Zoom to the email address you have previously provided.
- At the appointment time, open the email you have been sent with your Zoom links and click on the link under ‘Join from a PC, MAC, iOS or Android’.
- Allow Zoom to launch, join with audio and allow video if you choose, then wait for the Wellbeing team member to join the meeting.
Please note: You do not need to have a Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting, but you do need to download it.
Check out this video by our student success team that will walk you through some essential steps!
For phone appointments, your Wellbeing professional will call you at your appointed time.
Ensure you have:
- a device for use during your appointment – Australian mobile phone or landline
- phone reception
- a private space to ensure you can talk in confidence to your wellbeing health professional during your meeting with no interruptions.
- Out of hours crisis support - Our after-hours support service is available by calling: 1300 146 307 or texting: 0488 884 100. This service operates 5.00 pm–9.00 am on weekdays and 24 hours during weekends and public holidays.
- IT support - If you are experiencing difficulties, student IT support can assist with installing Zoom.