International students at regional campuses
Wherever your studies are based, we'll make every effort to ensure you're part of a vibrant learning community.
When you arrive you must attend Orientation. If you're studying at the Bendigo, Mildura, Albury-Wodonga or Shepparton Campuses, International Welcome Festival sessions and activities are included in the Orientation program. Visit the new students site to find your campus registration and orientation dates and download the Orientation Program [PDF 2.0MB]. If you haven't already accepted your offer, do so now.
Step 1. Register with La Trobe International
Registration dates, times and locations can be found here. If you are attending Bendigo Campus, print your Enrolment Checklist (PDF 35KB) to ensure you complete all the necessary steps. If you have a smartphone download the Lost on Campus app to find your way around.
Students studying at regional campuses should make sure they arrive in time to attend registration. If there are reasons you are unable to attend registration please contact International Student Services below:
- Bendigo and Shepparton: email@example.com
- Albury-Wodonga: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mildura: email@example.com
If you've received a conditional offer you need to give your documentation to La Trobe International. If you are on campus you can give your documentation to La Trobe International Reception, Bendigo, or to your International Student Services Coordinator at your campus, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then email you your unconditional offer and instructions on how to accept.
While you're waiting to receive your unconditional offer please make sure you still attend your Orientation activities and events.
If your first offer is an unconditional offer, complete these two stages next:
Stage 1: Register your arrival
Bring your original passport and visa or e-visa if you applied online. If you still owe fees you will need to pay them at the Student Administration office at your campus before you can activate your student account and create your password.
Stage 2: Activate your student account
A staff member will guide you through activating your student account and creating your password. You will also be given details of your enrolment information session.
Note: you can't enrol on the same day that you activate your student account due to system requirements.
Step 2. Find your course details and print course information
It's important to understand your course and available subjects before attending your enrolment information session. Check the University Handbook to find out more.
Step 3. Create your preliminary personal study timetable
This is compulsory for Study Abroad and Exchange students.
You can create your preliminary study timetable through the timetable website (your timetable may change after enrolment). For help, see the My Life at La Trobe guide, and the new students enrolment information.
Step 4. Attend your enrolment information session and enrol in your subjects
College staff will guide you through the online enrolment process. Don't forget to bring:
- this enrolment checklist
- your My Life at La Trobe guide
- original or certified transcripts and course syllabus or course outlines if you are applying for Advanced Standing (recognition for prior learning)
- your personal study timetable (compulsory for Study Abroad and Exchange students)
- a pen.
Step 5. Make sure you understand your tuition fees
You were billed for your first semester's tuition fees and paid for them when you accepted your offer to study at La Trobe. This first payment is based on 60 credit points. This means any enrolment in subjects worth more or less than 60 credit points will change your actual fees. You will be notified by email when your Statement of Account is available on StudentOnLine.
Find out more about international student tuition fees.
Step 6: Log on to StudentOnLine to enrol
Follow these steps (you will not be able to continue without completing the steps below):
- Complete the Parent/Guardian Highest Level of Participation form.
- Log on to StudentOnLine.
- Confirm your Personal Details.
- Confirm your Contact Details (left sidebar). Under 'My addresses', select 'Add an address'. Add your Semester/Term address. If it's not your permanent address in Australia that's ok.. You will need to change your address using StudentOnLine when you move to a more permanent location. Ensure you provide your mobile number.
Add an emergency contact.
- Confirm your Citizenship and Residency Details.
- Confirm your Cultural Details.
- Confirm your Disability Details.
- Confirm your Educational Background Details.
- Confirm Parent/Guardian Educational Details.
- Enrol. In the My Enrolment tab, select 'Manage Enrolment' (left-hand menu) to get started. Once you have accepted the terms and conditions you will be able to enrol in your subjects. Don't forget to enrol in Semester one first and then Semester two. Our staff is available to help.
Step 7: Get your student ID card
Congratulations, you have successfully enrolled!
Need help enrolling?
After you've enrolled, get ready for uni:
- get your ID
- create your timetable
- prepare to study.