Student financial support
- Financial support up to $200 is available to provide immediate relief from urgent, unexpected one-off expenses.
- Applications will be reviewed and the outcome will be determined immediately.
- A guarantor is not required.
- An on-the-spot interview may be required.
- Applications are available through ASK La Trobe between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (please check with your local campus).
- Interest free loans, available to assist with the cost of study including books, equipment, computer software and hardware, university based research and course placement.
- A guarantor is required for loan applications greater than $800. Up to $4000 may be borrowed with a guarantor (subject to application approval).
- A due date and monthly repayment schedule will be set as part of the approval process and written into the loan contract.
- Financial support of up to $4000 (subject to approval) is available to students facing extreme financial hardship. The situation must be unusual, uncommon or abnormal.
- A referee report (or reference letter) of support by an independent source or authority is required.
Who can apply?
You can apply for student financial support if you:
- are enrolled at La Trobe University;
- need the financial support to be able to keep studying;
- can show that you can repay the student financial support (if required); and
- do not have other obligations (e.g. student visa) that will not allow you to take the student financial support.
How do I apply?
To apply for emergency aid, a student loan, or a grant, complete the relevant application form:
- Emergency Aid Application form (PDF 34.9KB)
- Student Loan Application form (PDF 43KB)
- Student Grant Application form (PDF 44KB)
- proof of identity (student card, driver's licence, learner's permit);
- proof of ongoing income (Centrelink documents, pay slips or scholarship documents);
- evidence of the cost of the items you will be using the loan for;
- your bank account details (hard copy) i.e. BSB and account numbers; and
- your guarantor's details and proof of identity.
Lodge your completed application form and attached documentation at your nearest ASK La Trobe Help Zone.
Applications will be considered in accordance with policy and procedures of La Trobe University.
Student Financial Support Repayment
We will give you a due date and monthly repayment schedule as part of the student loan approval process. Repayments where required can be made using:
- money order
- credit card
For alternate options of viewing, reading or obtaining the above information, documents and forms, please contact the Student Financial Services Office.