Graduation Statement (AHEGS)

Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS)

The Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS) was introduced by the Federal Government to enable national and international recognition of Australian qualifications by describing qualifications in an easily understandable way. The AHEGS is also designed to provide potential employers and other institutions with an understanding of a student’s achievements.

The AHEGS is presented to graduates in addition to the Testamur and Academic Transcript. More information is available on the Department of Education and Training website.

If you are completing your course this year, you do not need to order an AHEGS as you will receive a complimentary one once your completion is confirmed.

You can order a digital copy of your AHEGS using My eQuals. All digital AHEGS orders will be sent within five university working days.

Order your digital AHEGS online

Please be advised that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria we are unable to facilitate orders for hard copy AHEGS at this time. Once restrictions ease and we can return to campus this page will be updated with information on how you can order a hard copy AHEGS

Order hard copy AHEGS

More information about the AHEGS

What information does the AHEGS include?

The AHEGS consists of the following five sections as required by the Commonwealth Government:

Section 1 – The graduate (given name, family name and student ID).

Section 2 – The award (award name, language of instruction, program duration, admission requirements and any external accreditation for which graduates are eligible).

Section 3 – Awarding Institution (description of la Trobe University).

Section 4 – Graduate’s academic achievements (course specific academic results).

Section 5 – Description of the Australian higher education system (as specified by DIISRTE and the AQF Advisory Board Secretariat).

When will I receive my AHEGS?

A complimentary copy of the AHEGS is sent to students who complete their course. Your course is completed when you have met all the learning outcomes and requirements.

Generally within one month after course completion, a complimentary AHEGS is sent via My eQuals to students along with a complimentary  Academic Transcript. Additional copies are available to order online.

Only courses which were completed after 1 November 2012 are eligible for the La Trobe AHEGS.

I did a double-degree. Do I receive two AHEGS?

Yes. Students who complete a double-degree program receive an AHEGS for each degree. Similarly, if you completed more than once course after November 2012, you will receive an AHEGS for each course that you completed.

What is the difference between the AHEGS and an Academic Transcript?

The Academic Transcript is an official record of your studies at La Trobe University and contains all course attempts, subjects undertaken and advanced standing/credit which was granted. The Academic Transcript reflects your enrolments at La Trobe at the time it is generated. The Academic Transcript is an evolving document that contains a student's complete academic history and is available at any time. As a student progresses, the Academic Transcript is updated.

The AHEGS is a static document that outlines specific information relating to an individual course and is only provided upon the completion of that course. If you request an additional AHEGS it will be the same as the original AHEGS you received. Since the AHEGS is not intended to replicate a full enrolment record like the Academic Transcript, periods of leave, subject withdrawals prior to census date and subjects which were studied towards another course are not shown on the AHEGS.

I am an offshore student. Do I receive an AHEGS?

Yes, all La Trobe students who complete their course after 1 November 2012 are eligible to receive an AHEGS.

What should I do if there is an error on my AHEGS?

The AHEGS is produced from the University’s student information system and every effort is made to ensure that the information on your AHEGS is correct. However, if you find that there is an error on the statement, such as a spelling error or missing information, please contact ASK La Trobe.