How can spiritual advisors help?
During the COVID-19 pandemic and University shutdown, you can still access our Spiritual Advisors (chaplains) virtually by Zoom or by phone.
To talk to a Spiritual Advisor, or find out about services across all campuses, please fill in this form and tick the Multifaith Spiritual Care (Chaplaincy) option.
Spiritual advisors (chaplains) uphold the right of each person to express faith in their own unique way. They are there to listen, encourage and develop each person’s unique faith journey.
Our spiritual advisors will promote mutual understanding of each other’s beliefs with dignity, respect and trust.
Our spiritual advisors can:
- Help you with meaning, purpose and identity.
- Provide a safe space for retreat.
- Facilitate forums and conversations on topical issues.
- Provide practical assistance with welfare needs, life skills and daily routines.
- Make referrals to relevant community support services.
- Listen and support you during times of loss or crisis.
- Promote an ethical and moral voice within the university community.
- Build a sense of harmony and community on campus.
- Facilitate relevant memorial and other spiritual services.
- Connect you with relevant faith communities.