Date: Friday 15 March, 2024
Location: The Cube, Wodonga, 118 Hovell St, Wodonga VIC 3690
Graduation invitations in 2024 will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see below).
To receive your invitation to graduate:
- ensure we have your correct contact details
- regularly check your email for updates
- clear any overdue fees or debts with the University
Your graduation preferences:
Note: After receiving your graduation invitation, if you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a future ceremony. You will need to request your testamur online after the date of your original ceremony.
Only students with a passed status and Albury-Wodonga course location listed on their enrolment will be invited to this round of celebrations.
Graduation invitations in 2024 will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date. Your invitation email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see above).
Once you have received your graduation invitation:
- click the link to the portal to lodge your graduation preference (even if your preference is to graduate in absentia or defer)
- make a note of your ceremony day and time
- check your award title (course name) and that your formal name are both listed correctly, as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, make sure you update your personal details with us.
If you decide to attend graduation in-person, please:
- select your guest ticket requirement and photography options (if you decide to pre-purchase)
- pay the graduation fee
- check your award title (course name) and that your formal name are both listed correctly in your invitation email, as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, make sure you update your personal details with us.
Please note: you must complete the registration steps in the correct order, and only use the link that is provided in your graduation invitation, as the link is unique to you.
Lastly, be sure to:
- clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university
- check your nominated email regularly for graduation updates. Detailed instructions for on the day will be emailed to you approximately one week before graduation.
- save your registration ticket and order details on your mobile device, or print them out to bring with you on the day.
- ensure your guests also bring a copy of their entry tickets with them on the day, either saved on their mobile device or printed out.
Digital graduation documents
Once you've completed all your course requirements, keep an eye on your personal email address – as per your contact details in StudentOnLine – for instructions on how to access a digital copy of your graduation documents via the secure platform, My eQuals.
Your digital graduation documents include your:
- Academic Transcript,
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and
- digital testamur (certificate)
My eQuals is an online platform that allows you to download and securely share your documents with third parties, such as employers and other universities.
If you cannot locate your digital documents, please submit a question to ASK La Trobe.
Hard-copy testamur (certificate)
Your hard-copy testamur (certificate) will be presented to you in-person at the graduation ceremony. If you decide to graduate in absentia by letting us know this is your preference via the invitation process, your hard-copy testamur will we posted to you within six to eight weeks of the ceremony date.
Tickets prices in 2024 are TBD.
This price includes:
- tickets for three of your closest supporters
- gown hire - finally, wear your hard-earned graduation gown and cap!
- documentation presentation - be presented with your Testamur (certificate)
- food and beverage - enjoy the refreshments after the ceremony with your guests
- photo opportunities - access to the best photo spots on offer
- access to the graduations precinct to have a professional photography sitting and the opportunity to purchase degree framing and memorabilia
On the day
Graduation ceremonies will comply with public health guidelines relating to events and La Trobe University's Health and Safety Procedures. Health and safety provisions may be in place, as required.
Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. If you are required to isolate due to symptoms of COVID and are awaiting results, and miss your graduation, please contact us to make arrangements for an alternative ceremony or full refund.
COVID-19 close contact
As of 14 November 2022, the University’s vaccination mandate has been lifted. We encourage you and your guests to get vaccinated and to receive additional doses where available.
You are free to wear a face mask if it's your preference to do so. Guests are encouraged to wear a mask as they are unable to physically distance in the theatre.
Only registered ticket holders will be able to access the graduations precinct. Graduates and guests must show event ticket or registration on arrival.
Contactless testamur presentation
Handshaking will not take place as part of the presentation ceremony. It is tradition to doff your trencher (graduation cap) when your name is announced as a gesture of academic respect – we will be asking graduates to doff as usual.
Ventilation and cleaning
All venues are fully ventilated and cleaning will take place including bathrooms and high touch areas.
Unfortunately, additional guest tickets will not be available due to the venue reaching capacity. Ticket prices include three guests tickets (maximum).
For more information please see the FAQ below.
We’ll send you detailed instructions approximately one week before your ceremony. Be sure to check your nominated email for your copy of these instructions.
As a brief overview, here’s what you can expect:
- dress in business attire
- arrive 1 hour before your ceremony time
- proceed to the gown collection area (specific location details will be emailed to you one week before your ceremony) where the Reed Graduations team will help you dress in your regalia. You will need to show them your order information.
- both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue where the ceremony takes place. Guests will be seated in a different section to students.
- when your name is announced, you will doff (touch) your graduation cap and walk across the stage to accept your testamur (certificate). The Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- once you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, please return your gown (if hired) at the designated gown return area.
Reed Graduations will provide the following services on the day:
- studio photography
- graduation frames and plaques
- graduation rings
- flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
For further details please contact Reed Graduations.