Police, and Working With Children Check

Police Check

Police checks are mandatory for all students completing a health placement in the SHE College. A police check may also be required if you are undertaking an education placement, or Work Integrated Learning (WIL) subject, depending on your placement provider. Your Placements Team will be able to tell you whether or not this is needed.

You can apply for your police check either through fit2work or Victoria Police:

  • Fit2work User Guide – Student Police Checks
  • Victorian Police Check Application Procedures

For more information on police checks, please refer to the Police Record Check Guidelines  [PDF 210KB] or Police Check FAQ’s  [PDF 632KB].

Working with Children Check

Any person who is doing child-related work is required by law to hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) at all times. If you are completing a health or education placement, you must obtain a WWCC and provide a scanned photocopy of your card before you can attend any placement. If you are completing a WIL subject, it is important to ask your organisation contact or supervisor whether you will need to provide a WWCC before starting.

Applications for a WWCC can be completed by following the WWCC Application Instructions  [PDF 345KB] and are free for students to complete.

For more information on WWCC’s, please refer to the Working with Children Check Guidelines  [PDF 169KB] or Working with Children Check FAQ’s  [PDF 419KB].

It’s important to remember that the WWCC is a Victorian check only, so if you complete a placement in another state you made need to obtain the equivalent check in that state.

Once you have obtained both of your checks, you will need to upload them to InPlace for the Placements Team to check  (La Trobe login required).

Log in to InPlace