EVIDENCE-BASED CLINICAL PRACTICE
Credit points: 15
Inthis subject, students will use a number of case scenarios to explore theevidence base for clinical practice. Utilising the available clinicalframeworks and individual scopes of practice, students will evaluate publishedliterature to design therapeutic treatment plans that include all appropriatemedical and allied health disciplines. Students are required to interpretclinical outcomes from complex case scenarios (including those with chronicdisease and mental illness) and plan how to implement treatment, includingbehavior change techniques.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorBrett Gordon
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Determine relevant clinical frameworks to create effective health and wellness interventions that consider psychological outlook and current behaviors.
- Seminars, readings, discussions on clinical frameworks, mental health and behavior change techniques. Case studies and written report.
02. Critically evaluate barriers to active participation in clinical treatment along with the role of different health professionals in managing patients with a range of clinical conditions.
- Case studies, seminars, readings and discussions on roles of health professionals, and barriers to patient engagement with treatment. Presentation and written report
03. Differentiate clinical pathologies, interpret clinical data and design appropriate therapeutic interventions and clinically reasoned treatment plans.
- Case studies, seminars, readings and discussions on assessment batteries for different clinical pathologies, interpretation of clinical data and design of therapeutic treatments and treatment plans. Written report.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2019, Semester 2, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorBrett Gordon
One 1.0 hours lecture/seminar per week on weekdays at night from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
|Written essay (1,500- words)||Essay comparing and contrasting the role of various health professionals||30||02|
|Presentation and defense (10 min # equivalent of 1,000-words)||Students will present (e.g. in webinar or video recording) and defend their interpretation of clinical data, and barriers to treatment participation||20||02, 03|
|Written evidence-based therapeutic treatment plan (2,000-words)||50||01, 02, 03|