edu5csd classroom management
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
Classroom management is an important issue for many primary and secondary school administrators, teachers, parents and pupils and is an area in which there is considerable official and public interest. Students taking this subject evaluate a range of approaches suitable for preventing or handling inappropriate pupil behaviour. Opportunities are provided for students to learn techniques recommended by some of these approaches. Issues surrounding the development of a school classroom management policy are discussed and students develop skills in the development of targeted behaviour management plans.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorRebecca Miles-Keogh
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Equivalent subjects EDU4CSD
|Author and Year
|Building classroom discipline
|Charles, C. (2005)
|8TH ED, FRENCHS FOREST, NSW: PEARSON EDUCATION/ALLEN & BACON
|Classroom management: creating positive learning environments
|Lyons, G., Ford, M. & Arthur-Kelly, M. (2011)
|3RD ED, SOUTH MELBOURNE: CENGAGE LEARNING
|2ND EDN, ACER, 1997.
|Engagement: inclusive classroom management
|Brady, L. & Scully, A. (2005)
|FRENCHS FOREST, NSW: PEARSON/PRENTICE-HALL
|Learning for teaching: teaching for learning
|Whitton, D. et al (2010)
|2ND ED, SOUTH MELBOURNE, CENGAGE LEARNING
|Teaching: making a difference
|Churchill, R. et al (2012)
|2ND ED, MILTON, QLD: JOHN WILEY AND SONS
|You know the fair rule and much more: strategies for making the hard job of discipline in school easier (Rev. edition)
|MELBOURNE: ACER, 1998.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Students develop an understanding of the causes of student behaviour and misbehaviour.
- Students attend an interactive full-day workshop at the intensive and engage reflectively will all material in the learning modules. Students respond reflectively to material in the learning modules.
02. Students engage with a range of strategies and management options for students across all years of learning.
- Students engage with a range of strategies and management options for students across all years of learning.
03. Students consider management options for creating and managing a safe learning environment
- Students construct a management plan for a classroom context using a given online pro-forma.
Select to view your study options…