MATLAB, by MathWorks, is the world's leading developer of technical computing software for engineers and scientists in industry, government, and education. There is a site license for academic usage of MathWorks products at La Trobe, available University wide to all staff and students.
The individual license may be used by students, faculty, and staff to download an individual stand-alone copy of MATLAB and install it onto their personal machines (Not LTU computers). The MATLAB Portal is used to distribute standalone licenses for La Trobe University students, faculty, and staff. You may download MATLAB, get free training, contact support, and discover additional resources.
Commercial usage of MathWorks products is not permitted by this site license.
Install MATLAB on a University computer
Install MATLAB on a personal computer
You can download and install MATLAB via La Trobe OnTheHub (Kivuto webstore).
- Download MATLAB (Installation instructions are available on the page)
MATLAB will expire error message
If you are receiving an error message to say MATLAB will expire please follow the below:
- Open MATLAB (If the license has already expired the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step).
- Navigate to the Help menu and select Licensing.
- Click Activate Software.
- Choose to Activate using Internet.
- Once reactivated you will need to restart MATLAB before the new license file is recognized. If the installation has already expired, you will be prompted to activate when attempting to launch MATLAB. As long as the activation finishes successfully it will roll over to the new license file once the old one expires. You may continue to see the expiration warning in MATLAB until the old file expires.
For a complete list of products, please visit the MathWorks website.