Register for AccessAbility Hub
Register and get the help you need if you have a mental health condition, ongoing medical condition or disability. Also if you need support as a carer.
How to register
Make sure you have supporting medical documentation. This may include one or both of the following:
A health practitioner's statement may not be required if you have other relevant supporting medical documentation such as a comprehensive letter/report from a relevant health practitioner.
Once you submit the online registration form or manual documents, a staff member will contact you for a friendly chat within 2 working days.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to register with the AccessAbility Hub, or the suitability of your supporting medical documentation, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
AccessAbility Hub Service Charter
The AccessAbility Hub negotiates reasonable adjustments to ensure that students have an equal opportunity to access and participate in education at Latrobe University. All individuals are valued, respected and supported to contribute their best, as per the La Trobe cultural qualities.
Our services are negotiated based on individual student needs and provided in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act (Cth) 1992, Disability Standards for Education (Cth) 2005, and Carer Recognition Act (Cth) 2010.
The AccessAbility Hub also works to the La Trobe Customer Service Charter [PDF 2963KB] – and the Charter of Student Rights & Responsibilities Latrobe.
The AccessAbility Hub will:
- Determine the need and nature of reasonable adjustments that are recommended, through discussion with students and reference to documentation from relevant health practitioners.
- Negotiate reasonable adjustments on behalf of students, where they do not have the capacity to do so themselves.
- Work in partnership with students to identify additional services required for support.
- Assist students to become independent learners through use of assistive technology.
- Act on information in a timely manner to optimise student’s participation in educational programs and student life.
- Assist students to obtain information throughout their educational experience, to support informed choice regarding current and future pathways.
- Remain committed to continuously improve performance via process improvements and by embracing new and innovative practices.
Students who are registered for support can expect:
- Accessible learning environments that facilitate interactions with academic staff, course content and other students;
- Accurate and timely responses to inquiries and concerns;
- Compliance with confidentiality guidelines concerning personal information, in accordance with Privacy Laws and Principles. The AccessAbility Hub collects personal information to establish your support needs. Refer to Privacy Collection Notice for more details.
Students who are registered for support are required to:
- Complete the registration process in order to verify reasonable adjustments and additional services required.
- Discuss alternative formatting requirements and/or foreseeable difficulties with accessing courses, prior to the commencements of each semester.
- Initiate and maintain contact with subject coordinators regarding reasonable adjustments outlined in your Learning Access Plan (LAP).
- Be aware of the expiry date of your LAP and how to update your LAP with your AccessAbility Advisor.
- Submit applications for extensions at least three days prior to the due date, for assessment tasks that will form 15% or more of your total assessment. Where there is an exacerbation of your condition that prevents you from doing this, you are advised to contact the subject coordinator to negotiate options and you can contact the AccessAbility Hub for assistance.
- Promptly advise the AccessAbility Hub of changes to your mental health condition, ongoing medical condition or disability, that may impact on your study.