Privacy collection notice
This Privacy Collection Notice applies to both online and paper forms administered by Student Services and Administration and La Trobe International.
Purpose of collection
La Trobe University respects the privacy of your personal information. Personal information is collected on these forms for the purpose of establishing and maintaining your entitlements and obligations as an enrolled student.
For this purpose, we will use this information to ensure you are provided with:
- Informed changes and/or matters affecting subject outlines, assessments, attendances, placements, and other requirements pertaining to the direct management and administration of teaching and learning provided to you
- A suitable environment for teaching and learning and research supervision in which you are stimulated to reach a high level of intellectual attainment
- A positive and cooperative teaching and learning environment with reasonable access to staff relevant to your academic progress
- Opportunities for you to participate in the functioning of the University at various levels and to provide feedback on the teaching and learning experience
- Information about the University support network which may include health services, recreational facilities, counselling services, learning assistance, child-minding facilities, graduate career planning, housing and accommodation facilities
- Information, as deemed appropriate, about student representative organisations and matters concerning their best interests for you
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information collected from these forms will usually be disclosed to the following government organisations as part of our reporting requirements:
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Immigration and Border Security
- Australian Taxation Office
If you are an overseas student, your personal information will usually be disclosed to the University's Overseas Student Health Care Provider.
Laws requiring collection
Personal information collected from these forms is required under the:
- Higher Education Support Act
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act
Consequences if personal information is not provided
If you choose not to provide personal information on any of these forms then it may not be possible for La Trobe University to support your entitlement and/or obligation in respect to the form you are completing.
Access to personal information
Subject to any exceptions in relevant laws, you may inspect your personal information collected from these forms by contacting ASK La Trobe, or by telephone: 1300 528 762.
If you are an international student please contact La Trobe International by telephone at
(03) 9479 1199 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org