New Colombo Plan (NCP) Scholarship
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) Scholarship awards up to $67,000 to Australian undergraduate students for study and work experience opportunities across multiple locations in the Indo-Pacific region from 3 months up to 19 months.
La Trobe University will be nominating 10 students every year to be considered for this scholarship by the Australian Government.
To qualify you must:
- be an Australian citizen aged between 18 and 30 years as of 1 January 2022
- not undertake the Scholarship in a Host Location in which you have dual citizenship or residency rights; or in which you have previously been a citizen or permanent resident
- be undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree, at the commencement of the Scholarship Program
- have a minimum WAM score of 70 per cent across all studies at La Trobe
- be able to demonstrate community service and/or leadership experience.
- attend an information event or listen to a recorded session
- confirm your eligibility and familiarise yourself with the NCP Scholarship guidelines
- submit an expression of interest
- commit to the rigorous application process – including nomination, written component, LTU mock interview and Canberra interview stages
- apply for LTU student exchange program in the following year, either semester 1 or 2
- obtain ASSC or SHE college credit approval to go on exchange to an eligible host country
- purchase and undergo a National Police Record Check
- commit to participate in the scholarship program if successful.
How to apply
Attend or listen to the recording of one of the following two information sessions:
- NCP Scholarship program information sessions - March or May
- EOI closes - 31 May 2021
- LTU shortlisting applications - June to July
- Nominated and unsuccessful students notified - June to July
- NCP University nominations - June to July
- NCP Student written applications - July to August
- NCP Aust Gov applications shortlisted and applicants notified - September
- LTU Mock interviews - September
- NCP Interviews in Canberra - September to October
- NCP All applicants notified of outcome - October
- Pre-departure training in Canberra - November
- Scholars commence scholarship - Following year.
- 2021 NCP Scholarship program guidelines [PDF 622KB]
- DFAT's New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
- Advice to applicants [PDF 552KB]
For further queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current & Past NCP Scholars
Meet our current NCP Scholars and read what our previous NCP recipients have to say about the program:
- 2021: Meet La Trobe's record-breaking New Colombo Plan Scholars
- 2020: Samuel Chung
- 2019: Ashley Eadon (pictured above at a wedding in India)
- 2019: Stephanie Hilton, Ashley Eadon, Courtney Taylor and Jade Bujeya
- 2018: Zoe Croucher and Emeil Boddenberg
- 2017: Rebecca Thorburn (Singapore) and Sidney Mason (India)
- 2015: Jake Schatz
- 2014: Kara Menzies and Richard Garrett
Watch the video below detailing Richard, Kara and Jake's unique experiences as NCP Scholars: