- Staff and students are covered under the University's travel insurance for travel within Australia while they are travelling with the knowledge and consent of the University for University business.
- Graduate Research Candidates planning to travel within Australia only require the trip approval of their immediate supervisor for travel insurance to immediately be available.
Staff international travel
- Staff international travel needs to be approved by your immediate supervisor and logged through Locomote. Please refer to the La Trobe intranet for details on how to access Locomote. Once the Locomote process has been completed, your insurance cover will immediately be available. Where the DFAT travel advisory is level 3 or 4 please complete a Travel Risk Assessment [DOC 88KB]
- If you require cover for your spouse and/or dependent child or children who are accompanying you on an LTU approved international travel, please contact the Insurance Office to discuss the coverage afforded to your spouse and/or dependent child or children.
Student international travel
- Exchange, Study Abroad and Overseas Short Programs – All students commencing exchange (semester or year) or overseas short programs must complete the appropriate applications through La Trobe Abroad before being considered for insurance coverage
- Exchange follow the Pre-Departure Documents instructions
- Short Programs Insurance coverage is incorporated into the application process
If you don’t believe any of these options are applicable, please check withStudyAbroad@latrobe.edu.aubefore completing a Student Travel Form
Apply for a copy of your insurance certificate