La Trobe University testamurs (degree certificates) are issued after a qualification award has been conferred at a graduation ceremony, either in-person or 'in absentia'.
- The University armorial bearings emblem and common seal
- A statement that you have met the requirements for your degree
- Your name (as per your student record formal name)
- The award title of the course you completed
- The graduation (conferral) date
- Signatures of the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor (President).
Replacement and re-issue
Replacement testamur and digital testamur
Testamur in a different name
Re-issued testamurs cost AUD$146 per testamur. Digital re-issues and duplicates cost $74. Complete the online form, and provide evidence of your new name (submit a certified copy of one of the documents listed below), along with your original testamur.
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate
- change of name certificate.
Testamur never received
If you have not received your testamur, contact ASK La Trobe and include your student ID number, postal address, year of completion, campus and title of your course.
If you discontinued your Honours course but would like to receive your Bachelor testamur, contact ASK La Trobe and include your student ID number, postal address, year of completion, campus and title of your course.
Processing time and Postage
We will process your application for a replacement testamur within 7-10 business days after payment has been processed. Please note that during busy periods there may be a delay.
Postage is included in the replacement cost.
- For Australian postal addresses, your testamur will be posted to you via registered mail.
- For international postal addresses, your testamur will be posted to you via DHL. A physical residential or business address is required as DHL does not deliver to PO Boxes.
If you would prefer to pick up your testamur in person, you can select this on the online form under 'Testamur Delivery Option'.
Testamur authentication, government apostilles and certification
Authentication and Apostille
Document authentications and apostilles are processed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) within Australia.
If you require authentication or apostille on your testamur DFAT may require the document to be 'certified' by the University (please see below).
The testamur can be certified as a true document of the University at the ASK La Trobe counter, Melbourne (Bundoora) campus, or you can mail the testamur to:Graduations Unit
La Trobe University VIC 3086