For further information about obtaining graduation documents, please visit the Graduations COVID-19 webpage.
La Trobe University testamurs (degree certificates) are issued after a qualification award has been conferred at a graduation ceremony, either in-person or 'in absentia'.
- the University armorial bearings emblem and a common seal
- a statement that you have met the requirements for your degree
- your name (as per your student record formal name)
- the award title of the course you completed
- the graduation (conferral) date
- signatures of the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor (President).
Re-issued testamurs cost AUD$151 per testamur. Digital re-issues and duplicates cost $76. Complete the online form, and provide evidence of your new name (submit a certified copy of one of the documents listed below), along with your original testamur.
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate
- change of name certificate.
If you have changed your gender and your name, we can re-issue your testamur with your new name free of charge. You can provide evidence as above or a re-issued birth certificate. For this option please submit your request through ASK a Question
If you discontinued your Honours course but would like to receive your Bachelor testamur, contact ASK La Trobe and include your student ID number, postal address, year of completion, campus and title of your course.
We will process your application for a replacement testamur within 7-10 business days after payment has been processed. Please note that during busy periods there may be a delay.
Postage is included in the replacement cost.
- For Australian postal addresses, your testamur will be posted to you via registered mail free of charge.
- For international postage addresses, your testamur will be posted to you via AusPost International. A physical residential or business address is required.
Authentication and Apostille
Document authentications and apostilles are processed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) within Australia.
If you require authentication or apostille on your testamur DFAT may require the document to be 'certified' by the University (please see below).
The testamur can be certified as a true document of the University at the ASK La Trobe counter, Melbourne (Bundoora) campus, or you can mail the testamur to:Graduations Unit
La Trobe University VIC 3086