Under the Student Services, Amenities, Representation and Advocacy Guidelines, La Trobe has a formal process of consultation with democratically elected student representatives and representatives from major student organisations at the university, regarding the specific uses of proceeds from any compulsory student services and amenities fee.
La Trobe's main consultation methods are approved by the University Council:
- SSAF annual survey
- Student Leadership Group
- SSAF email and Feedback form accessed through the SSAF web pages
La Trobe will consult with you and other democratically elected student representatives to ensure that you have a say in how the SSAF is allocated and spent.
The consultation process will include formal meetings with students via the Student Services Advisory Group (SSAG) where elected student representatives from different La Trobe University campuses and student bodies, together with university nominees, make recommendations to senior management on the most appropriate allocation of funds.
La Trobe gains information from the wider student community through feedback received via the SSAF survey for students, this survey is distributed at all campuses to seek student views and feedback in identifying and determining priorities for the allocation of SSAF funds.
Identified priorities for 2021
The University, in consultation with elected student representatives from across our student associations, has determined the below areas as priorities for SSAF funding in 2021. We welcome further comments from our students on this allocation. Please contact us through ASK La Trobe.
- Support for student employability
- Learning support offered through the Learning Hub
- Student partnership and leadership development
- Support for placements
- Sporting clubs and activities
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Advocacy Services (provided by student associations)
- Student clubs (provided by student associations)
- Student engagement events and activities (provided by university and student associations)
- Health services
- Financial and legal counselling (provided by student associations)
- Student representation activities (provided by student associations)
- Financial assistance and food share
- Student advice and support
- Support for international students
November - December
Annual SSAF allocations approved by DVC Students.
Release previous year's Student Consultation Report and SSAF Survey Findings
Initiate current year's Student Consultation Planning.
Hold first Student Services Advisory Group (SSAG) meeting for current year.
Release Student census survey to the SSAF paying student body.
|June - July|
Hold SSAG meeting to discuss strategic direction.
Meet with Student Organisations to discuss next year's budget planning
|November||Review draft proposed budget allocations for next year.|
Hold final SSAG meeting to finalise next year's SSAF budget allocations.|
Seek DVCS approval of next year's proposed SSAF budget.