Under the Student Services, Amenities, Representation and Advocacy Guidelines, La Trobe has a formal process of consultation with democratically elected student representatives and representatives from major student organisations at the University, regarding the specific uses of proceeds from any compulsory student services and amenities fee.
La Trobe's main consultation methods are approved by the University Council:
- SSAF annual survey
- Student Leadership Group
- SSAF email and Feedback form accessed through the SSAF web pages
La Trobe will consult with you and other democratically elected student representatives to ensure that you have a say in how the SSAF is allocated and spent.
The consultation process will include formal meetings with students via regular meetings with University leaders where elected student representatives from different La Trobe University campuses and student bodies, together with university nominees, provide input to senior management on the most appropriate allocation of funds.
La Trobe gains information from the wider student community through feedback received via the SSAF survey for students, this survey is distributed electronically to students at all campuses to seek student views and feedback in identifying and determining priorities for the allocation of SSAF funds.
Priorities for 2024 will be identified in due course. Once identified, the priorities will be placed on this webpage.
We encourage feedback from students to support the University’s allocation of SSAF. To provide feedback, please complete the Student Feedback form.
Identified priorities for 2023
The University, in consultation with elected student representatives from across our student associations, has determined the below areas as priorities for SSAF funding in 2023. We welcome further comments from our students on this allocation.
Please contact us via Student Feedback - Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
- Support for student employability
- Learning support offered through the Learning Hub
- Student partnership and leadership development
- Support for placements
- Sporting clubs and activities
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Advocacy Services (provided by student organisation)
- Student clubs
- Student engagement events and activities (provided by the University and student organisations)
- Health services
- Financial and legal counselling
- Student representation activities (provided by student organisations)
- Financial assistance and food share
- Student advice and support
- Support for international students