University Mental Health Day
We join with other Australian and New Zealand universities to raise awareness of the mental health and wellbeing needs of those who study and work in higher education.
We have a number of events happening during University Mental Health day, as well as throughout the year. To support the wellbeing and mental health of those in our community. Visit our events page for events coming up this year.
University Mental Health Day in Lockdown 2020
During University Mental Health Day in 2020, we were in the middle of the first lockdown in Victoria. It was more important than ever that we supported each other virtually. Looking after our wellbeing and mental health is important and that is why the theme for last year's University Mental Health Day at La Trobe was Community and Connection.
To help spread this message of community and connection. As well as displaying our cultural qualities of connection and care, we created a compilation video of our community. Showing some of the many ways you are connecting, self-isolating and coping during this period. To share and reach out to others.
Mental health services and resources
Have an appointment with our counselling team via telephone or video (Zoom).
- Unsure what kind of support you need? Fill in our Request a call from our Wellbeing team form
- Use our crisis line for Out of Hours Mental Health and Wellbeing Support. Phone: 1300 146 307 or text: 0488 884 100. This service operates 5.00 pm–9.00 am on weekdays and 24 hours during weekends and public holidays.
- Let's talk self-care [YouTube] - Wellbeing coordinator Rose, talks about self-care for UMHD 2021.
- Lifeline – If you experiencing a personal crisis, 24 hours a day 13 11 14.
- Beyond Blue – The government has created a new Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service which offers further Wellbeing services and resources
- Headspace – Visit their COVID-19 resource on coping with stress related to Coronavirus.
- Switchboard – For LGBTIQA+ specific support and referral