Internet of Things (IOT)
Many devices such as gaming consoles and Smart TV's are incompatible with the eduroam wireless network.
If you are living on campus and would like to connect your Gaming Console or Smart TV to a wireless network, you can request your device be granted access to the IOT wireless network.
What devices can I connect to IOT Wireless Network?
ICT cannot guarantee that all devices will be able to connect to the IOT network. ICT will ensure that the IOT network is available - but cannot guarantee the compatibility of the end devices.
Devices that can connect
- Gaming consoles e.g Xbox, Playstation, Switch
- Smart TVs
Devices that cannot connect
- Smart devices such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- Devices used for casting such as Chrome Cast, Android TV, Apple TV
Steps to connect to the IOT Wireless Network
Every internet-enabled device has a unique "Wireless MAC Address". You can typically retrieve this by looking in your device settings. How-to guides for your specific device can be found online using a search engine of your choice. An example of a Wireless MAC Address is: 00:0A:C9:14:C8:29
- Locate the Wireless MAC Address of your device.
- Submit an LTU-IOT Whitelist Request