Writing a cover letter
5 tips for success
- sound enthusiastic but don’t exaggerate!
- mention what you will bring to the organisation rather than what you will gain from the experience
- research the organisation and tell the employer why you want to work for them and why you want this role
- no more than 1 page (unless otherwise specified), use the correct format and address to the correct person
- use the ‘Key Words’ they use in the advertisement and give specific examples (evidence) of where you have demonstrated the skills/experience they are after.
Watch the video for more information.