Developing your resume
A resume is your primary marketing document that gives you the opportunity to really highlight your qualifications, skills and achievements that are relevant to the job you are applying for. It needs to be a quality document, that shows the employer essential information so they can weigh up if you are suitable for the role.
5 tips for success
- No need to include your photo and personal details that are not relevant e.g. age, nationality, religion, marital status etc.
- Focus on tailoring your resume for each job opportunity and ensure the most important information is on page 1.
- Keep it evidence based, showcase you best skills, attributes, and experiences through providing examples.
- Make it persuasive by convincing the employer of your value, include achievements across education, employment, volunteering, and extracurricular activities.
- Ensure the layout is professional and easy to read and there is consistency throughout the document.
For further support La Trobe University students and graduates can access a recorded Resume Essentials webinar via the CareerHub resources page.