Developing your resume
5 tips for success
- no need to include personal details that are not relevant e.g. age, marital status, religion, children etc.
- 3 pages maximum with plenty of white space
- use dot points rather than paragraphs of text
- tailor your resume – it is a marketing document not the story of your life - include the most relevant information first
- include a skills section and highlight the transferable skills you have developed from employment, volunteer work, university, extracurricular activities etc.
Watch the video below for more tips on writing an effective resume.