Melbourne (Bundoora) graduations
Date: 2022 graduation - TBC
Graduation invitations in 2022 will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see below).
To receive your invitation to graduate, please:
- ensure we have your correct contact details
- regularly check your email for updates
Your graduation preferences:
Note: After receiving your graduation invitation, if you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a future ceremony. You will need to request your testamur online after the date of your original ceremony.
To avoid missing out on graduation:
- regularly check your nominated email for updates
- if you receive an invitation to graduate before results are released, you must register for graduation to secure your spot at a ceremony. Be assured that if your eligibility changes due to your results, you will automatically receive a full refund.
- check that your contact details are correct in StudentOnLine
- clear any overdue fees or debts with the University (check your statement of account and sanctions in StudentOnLine).
Invitations will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date to:
- Students with a passed status and Melbourne, City and Online course locations listed on their enrolment who have not previously been invited to graduate, and;
- Students from the Melbourne, City and Online course locations who are due to complete their studies and receive a pass status. If you fall into this category, you will still receive your invitation to graduate before results are released to secure your spot at graduation. Please keep in mind that because you have not officially completed your studies, your eligibility to graduate in this round may change. If you pass all your course requirements once results are released, we'll send you an email to confirm you are eligible. Be assured that if your eligibility changes due to your results, you will automatically receive a full refund.
If you pass your course on or after the cut-off date, you will be invited to next year’s graduation celebration.
Excluded courses 2022
The following courses listed on the Excluded course list are excluded from participation in this graduation round.
Excluded course list TBC
Ceremonies in 2022 will comply with current Victorian Government public health guidelines relating to events, as well as La Trobe University's Health and Safety Procedures. A number of provisions at graduation ceremonies may be in place, as required.
From 1 December 2021, the University requires all students, staff, contractors and visitors to be up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations (or hold a current valid medical exemption) to attend our campuses or a designated event.
This requirement is outlined in our Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 vaccination. For more information on vaccination programs at La Trobe or to make a booking for a vaccination visit the Get Vaccinated for COVID-19 page.
Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you are required to isolate due to symptoms of COVID and are awaiting results, and miss your graduation, please contact us to make arrangements for an alternative ceremony or full refund.
Mask wearing will be required in line with the Victorian Government's regulations at the time of your ceremony. Find information about wearing a face mask in Victoria. You are free to wear a face mask if it's your preference to do so.
Only registered ticket holders will be able to access the Graduations precinct. Graduates and guests must show event ticket or registration on arrival.
Our venue-safe plan:
The venue will be deep cleaned before all ceremonies including bathrooms and high touch areas.
All venues are fully ventilated and will be aired between ceremonies.
Hand sanitising stations will be available at various locations throughout the venue. Handwash facilities will also be available in all bathrooms.
Contactless testamur presentation
It is tradition to doff your trencher (graduation cap) as a gesture of respect to the Presenter and we will be asking graduates to do this as usual. There will not be handshaking as part of the presentation ceremony.
Digital graduation documents
Once you've completed all your course requirements, keep an eye on your personal email address – as per your contact details in StudentOnLine – for instructions on how to access a digital copy of your graduation documents via the secure platform, My eQuals.
Your digital graduation documents include your:
- Academic Transcript,
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and
- digital testamur (certificate)
My eQuals is an online platform that allows you to download and securely share your documents with third parties, such as employers and other universities.
If you cannot locate your digital documents, please submit a question to ASK La Trobe.
Hard-copy testamur (certificate)
Your hard-copy testamur (certificate) will be provided to you at the ceremony. If you decide to graduate in absentia and you let us know of your preference via the invitation process, your hard-copy testamur will we posted to you within six weeks of the ceremony date.
Ticket pricing is TBC.
Once you have received your graduation invitation:
- click the link to the portal to lodge your graduation preference (even if it’s to graduate in absentia)
- make a note of your ceremony day and time
- check your award title (course name) and that your formal name are both listed correctly, as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, make sure you update your personal details with us.
If you decide to attend graduation in-person, please:
- select your guest ticket requirement and photography options before paying the graduation fee and accept the vaccination Conditions of Entry.
- upon payment, you’ll be redirected to the portal where you can select your preferred ceremony day and time. Hurry, available times are first in best dressed.
Please note: you must complete the registration steps in the correct order, and only use the link that is provided in your graduation invitation, as it is unique to you.
Lastly, be sure to:
- clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university
- check your nominated email regularly for graduation updates. Detailed instructions for on the day will be emailed to you approximately one week before graduation.
- save your registration ticket and order details on your mobile device, or print them out, to bring with you on the day.
- ensure your guests also bring a copy of their entry tickets with them on the day, either saved on their mobile device or printed out.
If you or any of your guests require special assistance on the day (such as wheelchair or mobility access, visual or hearing impaired assistance), please let us know via ASK a Question.
If extra guest tickets become available, we will inform you via email soon after the registration deadline has passed. Please check your email around this time for full details. For more information please see the FAQ below.
We’ll send you detailed instructions approximately one week before your ceremony. Be sure to check your nominated email for your copy of these instructions.
As a brief overview, here’s what you can expect:
- dress in business attire, as if you’re attending a job interview
- arrive 1 hour before your ceremony time
- upon arrival, be prepared to show the COVID Marshall your vaccination certificate or alternative form of evidence of vaccination status.
- proceed to the gown collection area (specific location details will be emailed to you one week before your ceremony) where the Reed Graduations team will help you dress in your regalia. You will need to show them your order information.
- both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue where the ceremony takes place. Guests will be seated in a different section to students.
- when your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur (certificate) where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- once you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, please return your gown (if hired) at the designated gown return area.
Reed Graduations will provide the following services on the day:
- studio photography
- graduation frames and plaques
- graduation rings
- flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
For further details please contact Reed Graduations.
If you have arrived late for your allocated graduation ceremony, please make yourself known to event staff as soon as possible.
If you have arrived early for your allocated graduation ceremony, you are most welcome to access the event precinct early. However, please be mindful of other students in earlier ceremonies, as they will have priority access to the facilities.