Melbourne (Bundoora) Graduations 2021
Invitations for 2021 will be sent 4-6 weeks prior to the ceremony date. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal.
Your graduation options:
- Regularly check your La Trobe student email for updates.
- Check that your contact details are correct in StudentOnLine.
- Clear any overdue fees or debts with the University (check your statement of account and sanctions in StudentOnLine).
Note: If you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a ceremony, and you will need to request your testamur online after your original ceremony has concluded.
- Make a note of your graduation date and time
- Check your award title and formal name is listed correctly as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, you may update your personal details.
- Complete the registration process via Reed’s website, ensuring that you:
- Enter your name pronunciation
- Pay your registration fee.
- Reserve your guest tickets
- Clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university.
- Check your student inbox regularly for graduation updates
- Print out your registration ticket and your guests’ tickets to take with you to graduation
Once you have received your Graduation Invitation email:
You can learn more about the registration process via Reed Graduations’ FAQs [External].
Also, be sure to:
Unallocated guest tickets - additional guest tickets (greater than the initial allocation) may be available once registrations have closed. We will notify graduands via email after the registration period if any unallocated guest tickets are available. Unallocated guest tickets are given on a first-come, first-served basis and there is no guarantee that they will be available for every ceremony.
On the day of your Graduation
- Dress in business attire as if you’re attending a job interview. Cocktail dress is also suitable.
- Arrive early ensuring enough time for parking, gowning and meeting up with your guests.
- Upon arrival, proceed to Gown Collection where the Reed team will help you dress in your regalia.
- Both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue.
- Guests will be seated in a different section to students. Guest seating is unallocated so be sure your guests arrive early to secure their desired row.
- When your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- Once you have had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, you can return your gown at the designated Gown Return room.
Reed Graduations provides the following services on the day:
- Studio photography
- On-stage graduate photography
- Graduation frames and plaques
- Graduation rings
- Flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
Contact Reed Graduations [External]
If you or any of your guests need special assistance at the graduation ceremony (e.g. wheelchair or limited mobility access, visually impaired or hearing impaired assistance), please let us know via ASK a Question.
How do I obtain my graduation documents?
How do I obtain my graduation documents?
Keep an eye on your personal email address – as per your details in StudentOnLine – for instructions on how to access your digital documents, including testamur (degree certificate, academic transcript and graduation statements (AHEGS), via the secure platform, My eQuals.
You will receive your hard copy testamur at a graduation ceremony. If you do not attend the ceremony, you can request to have it posted to your nominated address. You can let us know your preference by responding to our graduation invitation. Invitations for 2021 will be sent 4-6 weeks prior to the ceremony date.
Please note, to be eligible to receive your digital documents, ensure that all outstanding debts or fee sanctions are cleared with the university.