How to pay your SSAF online:
Pay online by the 'My Finances' tab on StudentOnLine. You can view the amount you have to pay and choose to make a payment on the spot.
If you wish to pay your SSAF upfront, the payment dates are below.
For subjects delivered:
- Between 1 Jan – 30 June and enrolment occurs up to and including 10 March – payment date is 10 March
- Between 1 Jan – 30 June and enrolment occurs from 11 March – payment date is the date of enrolment
- Between 1 July – 31 December and enrolment occurs up to and including 10 August – payment date is 10 August
- Between 1 July – 31 December and enrolment occurs from 11 August – payment date is the date of enrolment
Defer payment (SA-HELP Assistance)
How to defer your SSAF payment:
Australian citizens and holders of Permanent Humanitarian Visas are eligible to defer the fee to SA-HELP, similar to HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP. All other students will need to pay the fee directly to the University.
Eligible students can fill out an SA-HELP form in StudentOnLine before 30 June (Semester 1) or 30 December (Semester 2). These are known as the incurral dates. Your SA-HELP form must be approved before these incurral dates. All students deferring the fee will be issued a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) within 28 days of these dates. You will need to provide your Tax File Number at the time of your loan application.
Please note in some circumstances, if you complete your course prior to 30 June or 30 December, your incurral date may be altered to one day prior to your completion date.
The incurral date is the date on which the mandatory SSAF fee is charged and becomes payable.
An updated Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) will be issued at the time.
Students must pay the SSAF by the relevant payment due dates in order to avoid a sanction on their student account. Students with sanctions are prevented from:
- re-enrolling into new subjects
- accessing exam results
- accessing academic transcripts
Please make sure you familiarise yourself with your payment options.