Wellbeing Connect and Check-In
Wellbeing Connect provides support for you to manage your own wellbeing and reach your goals. We recognise that that life can be difficult and sometimes we need support to find our way through it.
We provide support for multiple situations where just seeing a counsellor or study adjustments with AccessAbility and Inclusion might not be enough to assist you in your situation, or you need something slightly different. We can connect you with many different services both internal and external to the University that might be able to help you in your situation and act as a point of contact to help guide you through. We also provide tailored support relating to adjustment to the COVID situation. Our team members are tertiary trained professionals with vast experience in mental health, case management, and social, psychological fields
How do we work?
- Focus on you the student as an individual and listen to understand your goals.
- Support you with the situations that concern you in your university or personal life.
- Discuss strength-based ways to keep you on track with your goals
- Assist you to find and link into University and community-based services and resources.
- Respect your confidentiality across the student service team, it is your information, and we seek your consent to share this outside the health wellbeing service.
- Work in collaboration with the other Health and wellbeing services and any existing services you may be in touch with
- Liaise with other areas of the University such as academics, accommodation, and Advocacy
To connect with the Wellbeing Connect service, fill in our Wellbeing Check-In form and one of our Wellbeing Connect team will give you a call back.
UNIVERSITY RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR WELLBEING
There are useful resources on each of the below links that may assist you to manage your wellbeing and situation:
- Health and Wellbeing Resource Hub
- The Learning Hub
- The AccessAbility Hub
- Wellbeing support during COVID-19
If you require emergency assistance, please always call 000.
For emergency wellbeing and mental health support, visit our counselling and emergency support page for both internal and external options.