- You must register with the self-service password reset tool before you can use it to change your password.
- You must already know your La Trobe Student password to successfully enrol. If you do not know your password, please contact the Student IT Support for assistance.
- You will need to register at least one mobile phone device or one alternate email address.
- A verification code will be sent to either your mobile phone or your alternate email address.
- Enter this code to verify and complete your registration with the self-service password reset tool.
- Ensure all browser windows are closed after registration.
- Select verification method you chose to register with the self-service password reset tool (either Student SMS or Student Alternate email address).
- Enter your La Trobe username and the security code displayed.
- Click Send Verification Code button to send verification to your registered mobile phone or alternate email address.
- Enter this code to change your password.
Students can contact Student IT Support for assistance.
For Students, ICT strongly recommends you use secure passwords.
When you change or reset your password you are changing your password for all of the following systems. Once you have successfully changed your password you will need to use your new password to access these systems.
- Logging on to a computer