Tertiary Preparation Program
These programs provide a University experience within a supported and safe learning environment. Along with the opportunity to develop your study fitness, you will build your academic skills, share ideas and overcome challenges.
The aim of TPP is to support your educational pathway into La Trobe University, TAFE and the workforce. There are some selection guidelines for entry into the program. You must:
- be over 18 years of age by 31 December in the year prior to commencing in the program.
- be a Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or Permanent Australian Resident.
- have English entry level IELTS score of a minimum of 6 across all bands, or equivalent (if English is your second language).
- have a readiness to learn.
- have completed a minimum year 10 secondary school studies or equivalent, and
- studied in Australia for a minimum of 3 years, or 6 years if you are looking at allied health degrees.
Improve you study skills online
You will gain strong foundation skills that will allow you to learn and prepare for University, specifically:
- an academic skill-set
- study confidence
- decision making skills, and
- a pathway to continuing education.
This is a non-award program, so while you can get an academic transcript, you won't get a course statement.
Program structure and availability
To successfully complete the program you need to pass 60 Credit points of study. Each of our subjects are worth 5 credit points in value, so you need to complete and pass 12 subjects to complete the program.
With full time study mode you need to complete 4 subjects per study period across 3 study periods.
With part time study mode you need to complete 2 to 3 subjects per study period across a maximum of 5 study periods – you can manage this in a combination that suits you.
|Study Period||2021 Start Date|
|Term 2 (TPP Entry point)||01/03/2021|
|Term 4 (TPP Entry point)||19/07/2021|
Subject name - Subject code
- Academic Culture - EDU0AC1
- Academic Writing - EDU0AC2
- Academic Presentations - EDU0AC3
- Thinking Critically - EDU0CT2
- Critical Reasoning - EDU0CT3
- Critical Inquiry - EDU0CT4
- Digital Literacy - EDU0DL1
- Academic Digital Literacy - EDU0DL2
- Professional Identity and Communication - EDU0DL3
- Thinking Mathematically - EDU0MA1
- Foundation Algebra - EDU0MA2
- Foundation Statistics - EDU0MA3
- Human Body Systems - EDU0SC2
- Foundation Cell Biology - EDU0SC3
- Foundation Chemistry - EDU0SC4
- Thinking Scientifically - EDU0ST2
- Mathematical Communication - EDU0ST3
- World Changing Science - EDU0ST4
If you have met the selection criteria you can contact the team and submit an expression of interest, they will then provide you with further information on how to apply.