Tertiary Preparation Program
These programs provide a University experience within a supported and safe learning environment. Along with the opportunity to develop your study fitness, you will build your academic skills, share ideas and overcome challenges.
The aim of TPP is to facilitate your pathway into La Trobe University, TAFE and the workforce. There are some selection guidelines for entry into the program. You must:
- be over 18 years of age by 31 December in the year prior to commencing in the program.
- be a Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or Permanent Australian Resident.
- have English entry level IELTS score of 6, or equivalent (if English is your second language).
- have a readiness to learn.
You will gain strong foundation skills that will allow you to learn and prepare for University, specifically:
- an academic skill-set
- study confidence
- decision making skills, and
- a pathway to continuing education.
This is a non-award program, so while you can get an academic transcript, you won't get a course statement.
Program structure and availability
To successfully complete the program you need to pass 60 Credit points of study. Each of our subjects are worth 5 credit points in value, so you need to complete and pass 12 subjects to complete the program.
With full time study mode you need to complete 4 subjects per study period across 3 study periods.
With part time study mode you need to complete 2 subjects per study period across a maximum of 6 study periods – you can manage this in a combination that suits you. For example you may choose to complete 2 subjects per study period for 6 study periods, or you may choose to complete 3 subjects in 2 study periods and 2 subjects 3 study periods.
You can take a Leave of Absence from the program for up to 12 months.
|Study Period||2020 Start Date||2020 End Date|
|Online Study Period 1||06/01/2020||23/02/2020|
|Online Study Period 2||02/03/2020||19/04/2020|
|Online Study Period 3||27/04/2020||14/06/2020|
|Online Study Period 4||06/07/2020||23/08/2020|
|Online Study Period 5||31/08/2020||18/10/2020|
|Online Study Period 6||26/10/2020||13/12/2020|
Subject name - Subject code
- Academic Culture - EDU0AC1
- Academic Writing - EDU0AC2
- Academic Presentations - EDU0AC3
- Thinking Critically - EDU0CT2
- Critical Reasoning - EDU0CT3
- Critical Inquiry - EDU0CT4
- Digital Literacy - EDU0DL1
- Academic Digital Literacy - EDU0DL2
- Professional Digital Literacy - EDU0DL3
- Thinking Mathematically - EDU0MA1
- Foundation Algebra - EDU0MA2
- Foundation Statistics - EDU0MA3
- Human Body Systems - EDU0SC2
- Foundation Cell Biology - EDU0SC3
- Foundation Chemistry - EDU0SC4
- Thinking Scientifically - EDU0ST2
- Mathematical Communication - EDU0ST3
- World Changing Science - EDU0ST4
How do I apply for the tpp program?
If you have met the selection criteria you can contact the team and submit an expression of interest, they will then provide you with further information on how to apply.