View our extensive suite of current and topical On Demand self-help resources to assist you in reaching your career goals.
Career Ready Essential Webinars
On-Demand Webinars covering a broad range of topics are available to help you develop your employability, both in semester and out of semester.
View our Career Ready webinars to learn more about:
- Cover letters
- How to develop experience
- Finding part time work
- Key selection criteria
- Industry experience
- Career Ready Advantage™
- Career planning
- How to research your career options
Finding a job
Information and direction on finding a job, volunteer roles and virtual experience programs
Applying for jobs
Information and direction on applying for jobs
Information on exploring career options
Get the the Career Ready Advantage
The Career Ready Advantage is La Trobe’s sector leading employability program. It has been designed with industry partners including PwC, Optus and the Commonwealth Bank. You’ll get the skills employers are looking for and graduate with a well-developed career portfolio to help you stand out in both Australian and global markets. It’s everything you need to get ahead in your career and is recognised on your academic transcript.
The Career Ready Advantage supports La Trobe graduates to go on to a wide variety of interesting and rewarding careers. Outcomes of our graduates are showcased in the Career Summaries which have been developed for the major discipline areas taught at La Trobe and based on the jobs and companies La Trobe graduates have gone on to work in.
The Career Ready Advantage program is structured in three parts and will build on the knowledge and skills you gain during your degree. You will receive a certificate recognising this important achievement and the award will also appear on your academic transcript.
Read on to see opportunities for you to engage in a wide range of activities through the Career Ready Advantage Framework that are designed to enhance your employability.
Part 1 - Professional Learning
La Trobe offers an extensive range of professional development activities both live and on demand that enhance your skills and points of difference you can offer employers.
- LinkedIn Learning modules (available in a variety of languages) – La Trobe students have free, unlimited access to curated LinkedIn Learning courses designed to help you develop Career Ready capabilities
- Tailored workshop – Developing your employability while you study in Australia. Understand how to use Career Ready Advantage as a development tool. Be aware of what employers look for. Learn about virtual and in person professional learning and practical experiences available at La Trobe. Receive information on sourcing work experience and part time jobs.
- Tailored workshop - Preparing to enter the job market as a global citizen. Discover the core principles of job seeking. Understand how to research employers and network using Linked In and other resources. Recognise the importance of a tailored and professional application that is relevant to your chosen market. Find resources which will support your job seeking
- Tailored workshop - Developing Professional Communication Skills and Confidence. Hear from international students who share strategies & resources to help you communicate confidently in Australian workplaces
- Workshops to assist in finding part time and casual work during your time at La Trobe (commencing at orientation). To view our comprehensive on demand workshop series, visit the Career Ready Advantage Essentials.
- Industry events– La Trobe facilitates a comprehensive industry events program that provides students with many opportunities to connect with industry partners who are keen to engage with international students. Examples include:
- Meet the employers – a series of industry specific student networking events where students have the opportunity to interact with employers.
- Super Fairs & the Big Meet – meet and network with local and international employers and learn about graduate employment programs.
- Volunteer, Casual and Part Time Jobs Expo - connect with employers to hear about part time work, casual work and volunteering opportunities.
Part 2 - Practical Experiences
Undertake professional and community based activities that will give you the skills and experience to set you apart from the crowd. Choose from virtual industry experiences, placements, volunteering and more!
- Industry Mentoring Program - Tailored matching for international students – connecting students to alumni/industry professionals from their home country or Australia.
- Virtual Industry Experience – La Trobe University offers international and domestic students the opportunity to enhance their employability skills by working on real industry projects through programs such as the Business Opportunity Accelerator (BOA). BOA is a 2 week virtual program where teams of students work collaboratively to solve a real industry challenge. Contact a member of the Employability team to find out which virtual industry experience programs are currently running.
- Placements – La Trobe university offers a range of industry experiences embedded in curriculum. All undergraduate students have the opportunity to undertake placement at La Trobe. Resources to support you to undertake placement are available online.
- Virtual Work Experience – La Trobe University has partnered with The Forage to give La Trobe students access to undertake free virtual work experience programs with top companies including: Commonwealth Bank, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Grant Thornton and Goldman Sachs.
- Volunteering –undertake volunteering experiences in the community and receive academic credit via a variety of elective placement options.
- Paid employment – La Trobe students can access part time, casual and graduate positions via a variety of platforms including CareerHub, Employer Connect and LockInU
Part 3 - Career Portfolio
Showcase your skills and experiences with a Career Portfolio – the final piece of the Career Ready Advantage!
Learn to develop high impact job applications for both global and Australian job markets. You will receive support to set your career goals, develop your CV and LinkedIn profile and get practice undertaking interviews. Additional information and support can be accessed via the Career Ready Advantage page on CareerHub.
CareerHub login problems
Use your student username (e.g., students\12345678) and password to login to CareerHub. If you are having difficulties logging in, please contact:
More Career Support and Advice
Access further careers assistance by contacting us.