If you identify as living with a disability, mental or physical illness or injury, we encourage you to view the following resources to assist in your job search and with gaining experience.
Employment and Work Experience
- GradWISE: Developed in conjunction with Australian universities, the GradWISE program is designed to provide support and improve employment opportunities for students living with a disability, illness or injury.
- Australian Network on Disability is an organisation that aims to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. The organisation also offers Stepping Into, a paid internship program designed specifically for university students with disability.
- GradConnection advertises graduate jobs and programs. The website can be searched for employers who offer programs to students with a disability.
- Disclosure: It’s a personal decision provides information about options and pathways people with disabilities can use in disclosing their disability in post-secondary education and employment
- Education to Employment and the Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET) provides a range of practical resources to assist graduates make a successful transition from education to employment. Under Employment on the ADCET website, information is also included on government funded employment services and programs.
- Peak bodies for specific disabilities offer a range of advice and support services. View a list of these websites and consult them for information.
- The Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC) is located on the Melbourne campus and provides practical information for students with autism in their university journey.
La Trobe University services
Staff located in the AccessABILITY Hub are able to assist you in assessing your needs. They can provide support to ensure you can participate fully to the best of your ability.