Sydney Graduation 2021/2022
Date: Thursday 21 July 2022, 2pm
Location: Wesley Conference Centre, 220 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
Graduation invitations in 2022 will be sent in early June. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see below).
To receive your invitation to graduate, please:
- ensure we have your correct contact details
- regularly check your email for updates
- clear any overdue fees or debts with the University
Your graduation preferences:
Note: After receiving your graduation invitation, if you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a future ceremony. You will need to request your testamur online after the date of your original ceremony.
To stay informed of updates, please ensure we have your best email address and mobile number so we can easily contact you.
Current students can update their details in StudentOnLine, while completed students who no longer have access to their student account can request their details be updated by submitting a question to ASK a Question.
Ceremonies in 2022 will comply with current New South Wales Government public health guidelines relating to events, as well as La Trobe University's Health and Safety Procedures. A number of provisions at graduation ceremonies may be in place, as required.
From 1 December 2021, the University requires all students, staff, contractors and visitors to be up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations (or hold a current valid medical exemption) to attend our campuses or a designated event.
This requirement is outlined in our Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 vaccination.
Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you are required to isolate due to symptoms of COVID and are awaiting results, and miss your graduation, please contact us to make arrangements for an alternative ceremony or full refund.
Mask wearing may be required in line with the NSW Government's regulations at the time of ceremony. Find information about wearing a face mask in New South Wales. You are free to wear a face mask if it's your preference to do so.
Only registered ticket holders will be able to access the Graduations precinct. Graduates and guests must show event ticket or registration on arrival.
Our venue-safe plan:
The venue will be deep cleaned before all ceremonies including bathrooms and high touch areas.
All venues are fully ventilated and will be aired between ceremonies.
Hand sanitising stations will be available at various locations throughout the venue. Handwash facilities will also be available in all bathrooms.
Contactless testamur presentation
It is tradition to doff your trencher (graduation cap) as a gesture of respect to the Presenter and we will be asking graduates to do this as usual. There will not be handshaking as part of the presentation ceremony.
Digital graduation documents
Once you've completed all your course requirements, keep an eye on your personal email address – as per your contact details in StudentOnLine – for instructions on how to access a digital copy of your graduation documents via the secure platform, My eQuals.
Your digital graduation documents include your:
- Academic Transcript,
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and
- digital testamur (certificate)
My eQuals is an online platform that allows you to download and securely share your documents with third parties, such as employers and other universities.
If you cannot locate your digital documents, please submit a question to ASK La Trobe.
Hard-copy testamur (certificate)
Your hard-copy testamur (certificate) will be provided to you at the ceremony. If you decide to graduate in absentia and you let us know of your preference via the invitation process, your hard-copy testamur will we posted to you within six weeks of the ceremony date.
Tickets for graduation cost $228.00
This price includes:
- tickets for three of your closest supporters
- gown hire - finally, wear your hard-earned graduation gown and cap!
- documentation presentation - be presented with your Testamur (certificate)
- food and beverage - enjoy the refreshments after the ceremony with your guests, all catering for this ceremony will be halal
- photo opportunities - access to the best photo spots on offer
- access to the graduations precinct to have a professional photography sitting and the opportunity to purchase degree framing and memorabilia
Once you have received your graduation invitation:
- click the link to the portal to lodge your graduation preference (even if it’s to graduate in absentia)
- make a note of your ceremony day and time
- check your award title (course name) and that your formal name are both listed correctly, as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, make sure you update your personal details with us.
If you decide to attend graduation in-person, please:
- select your guest ticket requirement and photography options (if you decide to pre-purchase)
- pay the graduation fee, and
- accept the vaccination Conditions of Entry.
Lastly, be sure to:
- clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university
- check your nominated email regularly for graduation updates. Detailed instructions for on the day will be emailed to you approximately one week before graduation.
- save your registration ticket and order details on your mobile device, or print them out, to bring with you on the day.
- ensure your guests also bring a copy of their entry tickets with them on the day, either saved on their mobile device or printed out.
If you or any of your guests require special assistance on the day (such as wheelchair or mobility access, visual or hearing impaired assistance), please let us know via ASK a Question.
Unfortunately, additional guest tickets will not be available due to the venue reaching capacity. Ticket prices in 2022 include three guests tickets (maximum). For more information please see the FAQ below.
The ceremony will be live streamed, so friends and family will be able to watch your ceremony from wherever they may be.
We’ll send you detailed instructions approximately one week before your ceremony. Be sure to check your nominated email for your copy of these instructions.
As a brief overview, here’s what you can expect:
- dress in business attire, as if you’re attending a job interview
- arrive 1 hour before your ceremony time
- proceed to the gown collection area (specific location details will be emailed to you one week before your ceremony) where the Reed Graduations team will help you dress in your regalia. You will need to show them your order information.
- both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue where the ceremony takes place. Guests will be seated in a different section to students.
- when your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur (certificate) where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- once you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, please return your gown (if hired) at the designated gown return area.
Reed Graduations will provide the following services on the day:
- studio photography
- graduation frames and plaques
- graduation rings
- flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
For further details please contact Reed Graduations.
You may opt-out of attending your graduation ceremony if you do not wish to wait until the next ceremony to receive your hard-copy testamur (degree certificate). Please note if you choose this option, you will not be invited to attend a graduation ceremony in the future for this degree. If you decide to, opt-out your hard-copy testamur will be posted to you. Opt out of graduation here.