Become a La Trobe Host
Host volunteers are the heart of the La Trobe community. Hosts welcome new students as part of our orientation program, support big events on campus, deliver campus and community tours and support international students when they arrive at La Trobe.
What are the benefits of being a Host?
Participants in the La Trobe Host Program are rewarded as valuable members of the team. Hosts receive:
- A chance to give other students peer-to-peer support - you can change someone's life for the better
- A chance to make new friends and become part of a dedicated volunteer community at La Trobe
- Access to specialised training and skills development for your resume
- Credit towards receiving transcript recognition via the Career Ready Advantage Award and the new Emerging Leaders program.
- A free Host t-shirt and invitations to "thank you" parties and events
Want to know more? Email us an expression of interest now!
What do Hosts do?
There are a variety of roles for Hosts at La Trobe across the year, including:
- Supporting new student registration
- Leading campus tours
- Supporting Academic Welcomes
- Helping lost students find their way
International Student Support
- Supporting international student check-in process
- Leading bespoke international student tours and activities
Major La Trobe Events & Campaigns
- Supporting Open Day, Careers Expos and other big events on campus
- Participating in video and photo shoots to support student communications
How do I become a Host?
It's easy for any current La Trobe student to join the Host team! All you need to do is:
- Choose the La Trobe Host program when you join the Emerging Leaders program OR apply directly via our online application form!
- Ensure your have a valid Volunteer Working with Children Check (you can apply online)
- Come along to one of our invitation-only training days
- Sign up for some volunteer shifts and you're on your way!
For more information on the Host program on your campus, please email the Host Program managers.