Requirements for the award
As a La Trobe University student you can apply for a Silver, Gold and Platinum award once you have completed the required number of eligible activities for each award level. You will be issued a digital certificate for each award reached and this award will also appear on your final academic transcript.
Eligible award activities fall into one of three categories that help you develop the skills and experiences that employers have told us they highly value:
- Professional Learning: LinkedIn Learning modules, attendance at careers events and workshops and professional development learning.
- Practical Experiences: Innovation challenges, paid employment, volunteering, mentoring and virtual experience programs.
- Career Portfolio: Job application documents, LinkedIn profile and career plan.
For each award level you must complete 4 Professional Learning activities, 2 Practical Experiences and 3 Career Portfolio tasks:
|Requirements||Silver award||Gold award||Platinum award|
|Professional Learning||4 x La Trobe and/or LinkedIn learning courses||4 x La Trobe and/or LinkedIn learning courses||4 x La Trobe and/or LinkedIn learning courses|
|Practical Experience||2 x activities||2 x activities||2 x activities|
Why should you engage in Career Ready Advantage?
- Builds fantastic content for your graduate resume
- Provides you with stories and examples to share with employers in job interviews
- Shows employers your initiative and the commitment you have made to your graduate employability
- Develops highly valued transferrable skills and experiences that employer’s value
Thousands of La Trobe students have engaged in the program. Here's what some of them have to say:
The Career Ready Advantage program has taught me that developing your employability is an ongoing process and is something that you should think about early on. Engaging with practical experiences, such as the volunteer opportunities available through the Uni, is a fantastic way to make new connections.
Holly Zlatic, Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Dietetic Practice
Career Ready Advantage Gold Award
Career Ready Advantage has given me the encouragement to start looking and applying for roles with renewed confidence. The advice from the Career Ready team has been great and the feedback has been invaluable. Much of the anxiety I once felt around writing job applications has now gone. My self-belief that I am employable post studies has increased significantly.
Conway Deacon, Bachelor of Food & Nutrition
Career Ready Advantage Silver Award
My motivation to participate in the Career Ready Advantage program was to gain skills relevant to the Australian job market and gain further practical and professional experiences. If you are an international student like me, then this program is 200% recommendable for you.
Chandrima Sith, Master of International Business
Career Ready Advantage Platinum Award