Date: 2022 graduation - TBC
Graduation invitations in 2022 will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see below).
To receive your invitation to graduate, please:
- ensure we have your correct contact details
- regularly check your email for updates
- clear any overdue fees or debts with the University
Your graduation preferences:
Note: After receiving your graduation invitation, if you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a future ceremony. You will need to request your testamur online after the date of your original ceremony.
Only students with a passed status and Shepparton course location listed on their enrolment will be invited to this round of celebrations.
Graduation invitations in 2022 will be sent 4-5 weeks before the ceremony date. Your invitation email will include a link to the graduation registration portal, which is where you will tell us your graduation preference (see above).
Ceremonies in 2022 will comply with the Victorian Government public health guidelines relating to events. A number of provisions will be in place such as the following health measures.
All staff, graduates and guests wishing to attend a graduation ceremony or the event site will be required to be fully vaccinated and to either check-in via the Service Victoria App or provide an alternative method of evidence. This is in line with government public health restrictions relating to planned events and the University's position on a fully vaccinated campus. For more information on vaccination programs at La Trobe or to make a booking for a vaccination visit vaccination, visit the Get Vaccinated for COVID-19 page.
Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you are required to isolate due to symptoms of COVID and are awaiting results and miss your graduation, please contact us to make arrangements for an alternative ceremony or full refund.
Known case locations
Please ensure you are familiar with the known exposure sites and follow the public health orders relating to testing and quarantine.
Mask wearing will be required in line with the Victorian Government's regulations at the time of your ceremony. Find information about wearing a face mask in Victoria.
Only registered ticket holders will be able to access the graduations precinct. Graduates and guests must show event ticket or registration on arrival.
Graduates and guests must check-in via the Service Victoria QR code upon arrival. Download the Service Victoria App for a quicker check-in at the venue.
Our venue-safe plan:
The venue will be deep cleaned before all ceremonies including bathrooms and high-touch areas.
All venues are fully ventilated and will be aired between ceremonies.
Hand sanitising stations will be available at various locations throughout the venue. Handwash facilities will also be available in all bathrooms.
Staff will be on hand to assist graduates and guests with their seating allocation. We ask that you do not move any non-fixed seating.
Contactless testamur presentation
It is tradition to doff (touch) your trencher (graduation cap) as a gesture of respect to the Presenter and we will be asking graduates to do this as usual. There will not be handshaking as part of the presentation ceremony.
Digital graduation documents
Once you've completed all your course requirements, keep an eye on your personal email address – as per your contact details in StudentOnLine – for instructions on how to access a digital copy of your graduation documents via the secure platform, My eQuals.
Your digital graduation documents include your:
- Academic Transcript,
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and
- digital testamur (certificate)
My eQuals is an online platform that allows you to download and securely share your documents with third parties, such as employers and other universities.
If you cannot locate your digital documents, please submit a question to ASK La Trobe.
Hard-copy testamur (certificate)
Your hard-copy testamur (certificate) will be provided to you at the ceremony. If you decide to graduate in absentia and you let us know of your preference via the invitation process, your hard-copy testamur will we posted to you within six weeks of the ceremony date.
Ticket pricing is TBC.
Once you have received your graduation invitation:
- click the link to the portal to lodge your graduation preference (even if it’s to graduate in absentia)
- make a note of your ceremony day and time
- check your award title (course name) and that your formal name are both listed correctly, as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, make sure you update your personal details with us.
If you decide to attend graduation in-person, please:
- select your guest ticket requirement and photography options (if you decide to pre-purchase)
- pay the graduation fee, and
- accept the vaccination Conditions of Entry.
Lastly, be sure to:
- clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university
- check your nominated email regularly for graduation updates. Detailed instructions for on the day will be emailed to you approximately one week before graduation.
- save your registration ticket and order details on your mobile device, or print them out, to bring with you on the day.
- ensure your guests also bring a copy of their entry tickets with them on the day, either saved on their mobile device or printed out.
Due to government restrictions that apply to events and mass gathering, students will only be able to bring the number of guests as stipulated in the invitation email.
Should restrictions ease before the event date, we will notify you via email if you’re able to bring additional guests and provide the link to secure extra available tickets.
We’ll send you detailed instructions approximately one week before your ceremony. Be sure to check your nominated email for your copy of these instructions.
As a brief overview, here’s what you can expect:
- dress in business attire, as if you’re attending a job interview
- arrive 1 hour before your ceremony time
- upon arrival, check-in using the Service Victoria App, or be prepared to show the COVID Marshall your alternative form of evidence of vaccination status.
- proceed to the gown collection area (specific location details will be emailed to you one week before your ceremony) where the Reed Graduations team will help you dress in your regalia. You will need to show them your order information.
- both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue where the ceremony takes place. Guests will be seated in a different section to students.
- when your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur (certificate) where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- once you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, please return your gown (if hired) at the designated gown return area.
Reed Graduations will provide the following services on the day:
- studio photography
- graduation frames and plaques
- graduation rings
- flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
For further details please contact Reed Graduations.