|Please note: due to ongoing public health restrictions in Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, Bendigo Graduations at the La Trobe Bendigo campus on Tuesday 22 – Wednesday 23 June have been delayed.|
Location: new Library Gallery, Bendigo Campus
Invitations for 2021 will be sent 4-6 weeks prior to the ceremony date. This email will include a link to the graduation registration portal.
Your graduation options:
To avoid missing out on graduation:
- Regularly check your La Trobe student email for updates.
- Check that your contact details are correct in StudentOnLine.
- Clear any overdue fees or debts with the University (check your statement of account and sanctions in StudentOnLine).
Note: If you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a ceremony, and you will need to request your testamur online after your original ceremony has concluded.
Once you have received your Graduation Invitation email:
- Make a note of your graduation date and time
- Check your award title and formal name is listed correctly as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, you may update your personal details.
- Complete the registration process via Reed’s website, ensuring that you:
- Enter your name pronunciation
- Pay your registration fee.
- Reserve your guest tickets
You can learn more about the registration process via Reed Graduations’ FAQs [External].
Also, be sure to:
- Clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university.
- Check your student inbox regularly for graduation updates
- Print out your registration ticket and your guests’ tickets to take with you to graduation
On the day of your Graduation
- Dress in business attire as if you’re attending a job interview. Cocktail dress is also suitable.
- Arrive at your allocated time.
- Upon arrival, proceed to Gown Collection where the Reed team will help you dress in your regalia.
- Both guests and students must have tickets ready to scan to enter the venue.
- Guests will be seated in a different section to students.
- When your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony.
- Once you have had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, you can return your gown at the designated Gown Return room.
Reed Graduations provides the following services on the day:
- Studio photography
- Graduation frames and plaques
- Graduation rings
- Flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
Contact Reed Graduations [External]
If you or any of your guests need special assistance at the graduation ceremony (e.g. wheelchair or limited mobility access, visually impaired or hearing impaired assistance), please let us know via ASK a Question.
Additional guest tickets
Due to government restrictions that apply to events and mass gathering, students will only be able to bring two guests to the ceremony.
How do I obtain my graduation documents?
If you haven’t already received your digital Testamur via My eQuals, you will be sent this in the next few weeks.
My eQuals is an online platform that allows you to download digital copies of your graduation documents. You can also securely share your copies with third parties, such as employers and other universities.
- Your digital documents include your:
- Academic Transcript,
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) and
- Digital testamur (degree certificate)
Please keep an eye on your email to be notified when your digital documents are available to you, and for more details on how to use the My eQuals platform. If you cannot locate your digital documents, please submit a question to ASK La Trobe.
Your hard-copy Testamur (degree certificate) will be provided to you at the ceremony.