phe5ipo international health policy
INTERNATIONAL HEALTH POLICY
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students learn about institutions and frameworks for international health policy national health development and global health governance, improving health services, making and implementing policies in a global context, and health policy changes and challenges. This subject will be taught at the City Campus, and will be provided in block mode.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorSally Fawkes
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites One of PHE4POL or PHE5POL or PHE4HPA or PHE5HPA
Special conditions Offered subject to sufficient enrolment numbers. Students will be expected to be familiar with basic frameworks of public health policy before commencing the course.
|Author and Year
|Making sense of global health governance
|Buse, Hein & Drager (eds). 2009.
|Text book of global health
|Birn, Pillay & Holtz.. 4th edn. 2017
|OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically analyse major policy drivers, institutions, issues, tensions and debates in global health and evaluate how they influence contemporary policy development.
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups
02. Apply the capacity for critical assessment of contemporary trends and developments in global health policy.
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups, book reviews
03. Demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills for analysing, advocating and developing global health policy.
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups, book reviews, team work, advocacy
Select to view your study options…