INTEGRATED SCIENCE LEARNING
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students further develop competence and skills to teach science in primary schools. Students explore science, with a particular focus on the concepts within biological and earth and space sciences. They explore additional innovative pedagogies related to teaching and learning in science. Students investigate additional curriculum resources available for teaching science topics, with a particular focus on AusVELS and integrated curriculum. Students participate in an integrated teaching experience in a primary school where they design, implement, and evaluate an integrated science unit.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorPeter Cox
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 3 - UG
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Teaching Primary Science Constructively||Prescribed||Skamp, K and Preston, C., 5th Edition (2015)||CENGAGE LEARNING|
|Readings||Primary Connections||Recommended||Australian Academy of Science (2008)||AUSTRALIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE|
|Readings||The Art of Teaching Primary Science||Recommended||Dawson, V. & Venville, G. (2007)||CROWS NEST: ALLEN & UNWIN|
|Readings||Learning and Teaching Primary Science||Recommended||Fitzgerald, A. (Ed.) (2013)||CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Demonstrate confidence, understanding and skills to teach science competently at primary level.
02. Proficiently utilise a variety of teaching and learning strategies appropriate to the primary classroom.
03. Clearly articulate an understanding of the links between science and technology.
04. Explore children's prior understandings and address their alternate conceptions.
05. Compentently use the AusVELS Science Curriculum and understand its links to the Australian Curriculum.
Select to view your study options…