DELIVERING RESULTS AND OUTCOME FOCUS
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will focus on the enactment and review of decisions and outcomes in Child Protection practice from a leadership perspective. Drawing on skills and knowledge from the previous subjects, students will explore how these apply to different results-focused aspects of leadership such as, ensuring that interventions planned are put into operation effectively, supervision, team leadership, and middle and senior management functions. There will be an emphasis on complex client, staff and organisational situations with a particular view to exploring potential constraints, problem-solving and troubleshooting, while developing and sustaining a healthy learning and positive organisational culture.
SchoolSchool of Allied Health
Subject Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Annual report of inquiries into the deaths of children known to Child Protection||Recommended||Victorian Child Death Review Committee 2009||OFFICE OF THE CHILD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse and synthesize understanding of what consititues best outcomes for children and how to facilitate these being acheived through leadership
- Indentifying an outcomes framework and outcomes measures and analsying research on outcomes and the role of leadership
02. Investigate and crtically reflect on the interpretation and application of Best Interests Practice Model with emphasis on action and review
- Study of audits, reviews, evaluations best practice models to understand what influences effective application of the model and tools for evaluation and review
03. Justify and reflect on a range of approaches to deliver results through co-creating success such as through supervision and collabouration with other services
- Exploring knowedge and skills of supervison and its influence on outcomes for clients
04. Investigate the characterisitcs of excellent organisations and how to promote the presence of these characteristics.
- Review of organanistion theory and application to child and family practice organisations
Select to view your study options…
Other Site, 2017, Semester 1, Off Campus
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
One 6.0 days block mode per study period and delivered via face-to-face.
"Teaching to be delivered over three 2-day blocks (six days in total)."
|one 3,500-word essay||75||01, 02, 03|
|one 50-minute group presentation equivalent of 1000 words||25||01, 02, 03, 04|